Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help choosing basic lights for small gigs

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMD View Post

Cheers AndyMD. I was looking at 2x American Deckers for my speaker tops :
    https://www.djkit.com/american-dj/am...ni-dekker.html

I was thinking these be fine for smaller gigs and use the Equinox Ultra scans with them.

Quote Originally Posted by mrrawuk View Post
    I also thought about an all in one lighting solution such as the Equinox Giga bar. :

https://www.djkit.com/equinox/equino...ar-system.html
    The Giga Bar would be a great choice, they're very versatile and simple to set up and use, you could do many gigs without the need for other lighting fixtures at all. If you do have other LED lights, they can easily be attached to the bar and switched on and off via the remote. My only complaint is they are a very tight fit in their case, a bit more clearance would make packing them away a bit easier.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

And unlike the stairville equivalent it'll go in its case with the supplied fixings still on it!

I've got some bolts permanently slid into the tracks, top & bottom & don't have any issues putting it back in the box.

That reminds me, I need to change the bolts for nuts!

Default lights

The giga bar looks a good idea as does the starville LED unit. One of those and 2x min dekkers might be enough

The giga bar looks a good idea as does the starville LED unit. One of those and 2x min dekkers might be enough
    Those parbars will pretty much wash the mini-deckers out, I’d go for something better to be honest.

In the long run you’re going to save money by buying quality equipment you’ll be happy with right from the start that will last you a good few years, even if it does mean stretching your budget or saving for a bit longer. And I expect most experienced DJ’s on here will tell you the same.

Default lights

I have gone pretty much 360 with lights and which ones and now i am no closer to choosing what to get

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    Those parbars will pretty much wash the mini-deckers out, I’d go for something better to be honest.

In the long run you’re going to save money by buying quality equipment you’ll be happy with right from the start that will last you a good few years, even if it does mean stretching your budget or saving for a bit longer. And I expect most experienced DJ’s on here will tell you the same.
    Spot on that man,only buy the best gear you can afford it will pay for itself in the long run.

I have gone pretty much 360 with lights and which ones and now i am no closer to choosing what to get
    To start you need to get a pair of led wash lights try and get ones that come with there own infared controller that you can have easy control over,next buy a pair of moonflower effects with nice wide coverage,thats 4 lights and enough to start with,do not try to make the budget strech to far you are much better buying quality then when you start working you can add on.

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    Spot on that man,only buy the best gear you can afford it will pay for itself in the long run.
    Agreed.

Rule 1 when buying lights, do not type www.ebay.co.uk and buy unbranded knock offs. Yes they might use 'similar' hardware / software but mainstream brands like ADJ, Chauvet, etc have reputations and costumer care. (and if things do go wrong a returns department in the UK)

Rule 2 when buying lights, Don't have 6 different fixtures that basically all do similar things, e.g. red, green, blue moonflower effects. You need something that cuts through those effects and gives a richer colour of brighter light. If on a tight tight budget, one moving head Inno pocket or similar with 2 effects lights, Dekkers, swarm 4's etc should be a good place to start.

Rule 3 when buying lights, If you can afford it, always buy in pairs.