Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Equinox Dualize LED or Equinox Ultra Scan 25w?

Default lights

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    That's a brilliant point. There's a lot to be said for only using DMX to control.which program a fixture uses and at what speed it runs. Easy peasy simples. Some of my controls in qlc do this too. Why reinvent the wheel?
    The more i ask questions on this forum the more it seems to end up costing me lol. Off i go to make a help me dmx post....
    Last edited by mrrawuk; 18-01-2016 at 11:00 AM.

Couldn't be without DMX as it's not as complicated as you think it is. Took me no more than 2 hours to programme 16 scenes (with all Par cans set to same address, all pairs set to same address etc.). And by scenes I don't mean just static lights. Basically I have 6 colour scenes, 4 scenes of just pairs of lights, 4 scenes of different things going at different speeds and a couple of crazy all stuff on.

Usually just start the night rotation between colour scenes and then up the speed and colours throughout the night.

Andy

I had two dualise about 4 years ago.

Not overly impressed. In fact the time they were most useful I set them up stood upside down on the desk projecting on the ceiling. My daughters boyfriend had DMX'd them with an OBEY controller so I could control the letters they projected and could spell 4 letter words!

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    That's a brilliant point. There's a lot to be said for only using DMX to control.which program a fixture uses and at what speed it runs. Easy peasy simples. Some of my controls in qlc do this too. Why reinvent the wheel?
    And once you get used to the controls it’s actually a great way of matching your lights to the song, just think of it as mixing, strobing, fast, slow, colour and gobo changes, blackouts etc all in perfect time.....try programming that for every song!

Quote Originally Posted by mrrawuk View Post
    The more i ask questions on this forum the more it seems to end up costing me lol. Off i go to make a help me dmx post....
    You already said you hate lights going crazy. To tell the truth I've not seen a single disco lighting fixture made recently which can't be vastly improved by strapping a controller to it. The vast majority of lights today, including many a non-budget fixture have 2 settings - batcrap crazy & OFF. You can iron out some aspects of this by linking multiple units master/slave but without a way to control which programs run on which fixture and when... you can end up with a lovely first dance accented by strobing lights. I kid you not. I took to leaving my walk-in boss' lights switched off til the first dance was out of the way. Most lights will run through their set of programs automatically regardless of the music you're playing (unless you manually select them from the rear panel) - so you could be having a slowdown section in the middle of the night and wahey.. off the FX go on a strobe mission because that was the next program in the loop. Just awful.

You don't necessarily even have to use DMX. Just buy units which can take instructions from the manufacturer's remote controller. If you have 2 of the same, link em master/slave and plug the remote controller into the master. You might not get as much control as with DMX, but it's a darn sight better than nowt.