Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Windows 10 with Mixxx

Default Windows 10 with Mixxx

I was wondering if anyone using Mixxx Dj software has upgraded to Windows 10 and had any issues,
    I suppose it would be also be handy to know if those using software other than Mixxx have experienced any problems. I'm nervous about upgrading just in case I regret it!

Its fine with serato. But unless you have window vista I wouldn't bother. Windows 10 constantly updates and when you search for a tracks using the search browser on your laptop etc, you have to open the folder before copying over. On windows 7 you could just drag n drop.

I had more issues updating Win10 than I have from using software.

I actually like Win10 as an OS. However, I don't like the "door-to-door-salesman" tactics that MS are using to get people to upgrade. It should be a free choice for the user.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

I'm a big fan of windows 10 on my desktop with dual monitors - works excellently and is an improvement in many ways. However it's not without its issues:

UA25 soundcard does not support windows 10 / will never. Had to find a workaround!

Start menu button stopped working. Had to restore to previous date to get working again (took around 4 hours to faff about with) and last night my fiancées laptop did the same (at least I know what to do now)... Common problem, if it did happen I wouldn't be bothered on work laptop as I have shortcuts.

I'm sure they will iron out the bugs... Just in time for when they charge you to upgrade it probably haha.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I'm a big fan of windows 10 on my desktop with dual monitors - works excellently and is an improvement in many ways. However it's not without its issues:

UA25 soundcard does not support windows 10 / will never. Had to find a workaround!

Start menu button stopped working. Had to restore to previous date to get working again (took around 4 hours to faff about with) and last night my fiancées laptop did the same (at least I know what to do now)... Common problem, if it did happen I wouldn't be bothered on work laptop as I have shortcuts.

I'm sure they will iron out the bugs... Just in time for when they charge you to upgrade it probably haha.
    I keep seeing horror stories like this about 10. I think I'll stick with 7 for home use & Linux for DJing. Going to be giving Mixxx 2.0 a good going over soon. I've tried it on my 7 machine & found it nice - the new master tempo/pitch correction is absolutely butter smooth. FX? MEH.

I've just tried the latest Mixxx 2.0 and hated it. Too busy, hate the layout and colours, and it kept freezing so have gone back to 1.11 and all is well again. I'm not mucking about with anything now!

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    I've just tried the latest Mixxx 2.0 and hated it. Too busy, hate the layout and colours, and it kept freezing so have gone back to 1.11 and all is well again. I'm not mucking about with anything now!
    Yeah I'm not a fan of the new skin at all. The FX seem too hard to actually use (and there's no mapping for my controller for those yet, so more work ahoy). I gave VDJ a try and was impressed with its time/pitch correction and FX but have yet to try it with my controller. The only other snag is that I need to run it on Windows. Serato can take a run & jump - having to pay for decent time/pitch correction is a big no-no IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    Yeah I'm not a fan of the new skin at all. The FX seem too hard to actually use (and there's no mapping for my controller for those yet, so more work ahoy). I gave VDJ a try and was impressed with its time/pitch correction and FX but have yet to try it with my controller. The only other snag is that I need to run it on Windows. Serato can take a run & jump - having to pay for decent time/pitch correction is a big no-no IMHO.
    VDJ is very stable and runs fine on Windows. Make sure you don't stick with the Home/LE version as this is not meant for pro use and you will encounter issues if you try!

Besides, VDJ is a pay once upgrade free forever deal so it's well worth the money.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Thumbs up

Don't get me wrong Windows 10 has its downfalls and a few bugs they need to fix but all-in-all a pretty sweet operating system, and at the minute i'm using Mixx DJ software on a windows 10 laptop and all is working sweet.... so far