Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top 10 - End of night tracks

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    Say you're doing an 18th birthday party & you've been playing jiggy jiggy yah yah music all night.. then the time for last tune comes and you bosh ole Blue Eyes on the decks for them because you always play it at other functions. You'd rightly be surprised if you didn't get booed off. Context, people. Context.
    Exactly. If I'm honest, I can't see why you'd even have a list of songs to choose from. Over the course of the last year, I've done weddings with a heavy slant towards Rock, Rock & Roll, Indie, Goth, & Ska (to list those that I can remember). How many of the tracks listed so far in this thread would be suitable for any of those? I wouldn't consider any of them except perhaps Queen for the Rock one, although I'm fairly sure I would've played that earlier in the night.

From memory I remember using Prince Buster - Enjoy Yourself to end the Ska one. Can't remember any of the others
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Exactly. If I'm honest, I can't see why you'd even have a list of songs to choose from. Over the course of the last year, I've done weddings with a heavy slant towards Rock, Rock & Roll, Indie, Goth, & Ska (to list those that I can remember). How many of the tracks listed so far in this thread would be suitable for any of those? I wouldn't consider any of them except perhaps Queen for the Rock one, although I'm fairly sure I would've played that earlier in the night.

From memory I remember using Prince Buster - Enjoy Yourself to end the Ska one. Can't remember any of the others
    I assumed it was just a general question, asking for suggestions on what we might 'generally' play at a standard disco.

cue the comments about every gig is different
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    I was thinking this. Is there still such a thing as an 'end of night track'? End with a song that gets 'em whooping, cheering and singing - there are one of two of those out there that covers that eventuality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post

I'm guessing it's down to our individual styles! Unless requested I like to play a mix of slower / epic tracks for the last 3-4 tracks at the end. These tracks I would normally not play at any other time unless the mood needs resetting or if they clearly want it "right now"!

Why have a list seems a bit of a silly question? It's so much easier! So I'm doing a gothic wedding... having only ever done 2 gothic style weddings I might rack my brains for an end of the night track like I'm doing now and think of maybe: Cradle of filth - Nymphetamine or probably a better choice but not really gothic: Stone Sour - Through the glass... all I can think of at the moment... but if I had a list of 100 good end of the night tracks 5 of those tracks might be better ideas which I came across previously.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

As most of my gigs are Barn dance, Line dance and Country and Western / AMERICAN Theme for some reason the only number to finish on is always Sweet Home Alabama .

Never fails.

Unless I get asked for Auld Lang Syne of course as per last Saturday.

Try and avoid them but if the crowd have generally gone for the typical wedding songs then either "New York, New York" or "Never Forget". I never play Angels though!

Bit like Steve though it's always a gig by gig basis and rarely go for anything on this list. That said Green day "Time Of My Life" is a good choice particularly if they've liked the late 90 - mid 00's rock/indie stuff.
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

In Ireland there is the "Holy Trinity" of end of night songs comprising of:

500 Miles - Proclaimers
    Come on Eileen - Dexys
    Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond

You play these and you'll have a full dance floor although its very cheesy and boring to boot. Other songs that have worked for me include Take That's Never Forget, New York/New York and Lulu - Shout. One of the most unusual requests I had for a wedding was to play The Universal by Blur. Bride and Groom both insisted upon it but they knew their crowd and the whole room sang the chorus with gusto. Great ending to a gig. But not one I'd consider doing at any old gig.
    DISCO DOCTOR - THE CURE FOR YOUR PARTY'S NEEDS!!

Moderator at www.ww2talk.com

Smoochers to finish: Van the Man "Have I Told You Lately" and Eric Clapton "Wonderful Tonight" which includes the lyric "It's time to go home now" and the lights up kick em out the door singing finale Vera Lynn "We'll Meet Again". Nothing and I mean NOTHING follows that. Job done.
    Banana Power Travelling Discotheque - legendary entertainment since 1966
    www.facebook.com/BananaPowerTravellingDisco

Had a great reaction to QOTSA - No one knows on sunday night. Surprised even myself!

Quote Originally Posted by theoloyla View Post
    Smoochers to finish: Van the Man "Have I Told You Lately" and Eric Clapton "Wonderful Tonight" which includes the lyric "It's time to go home now" and the lights up kick em out the door singing finale Vera Lynn "We'll Meet Again". Nothing and I mean NOTHING follows that. Job done.
    Fantastic track to drop in after a fake ending and 3 cheers etc!
    They think its all over, the lights go down and BOOM!

I have always wanted to play Foo Fighters Breakout.
    Any ACDC hit or something like 'I believe in a thing called love' is always a winner.

- Then hit them with the slow track.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Was asked for this the other night...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy9_lfjQopU
    Obvious really but it went down well!