Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pioneer DDJ SX Mic sound?

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    Just read that it's a bit fussy about the mics you input into it "low impedance only" rated at -52dbu they recommend. If you experience issues add an anttenuator to get your mic close to - 52dbu they suggest on serato site.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrawuk View Post
    SM58 all the way for me.
    Have a play with others. SM58 is a higher output than my Sennheiser, for instance. Might be worth a try if you have gain problems.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by deepgc View Post
    I used to have a DDJ SX and played on it regularly for http://www.247house.fm radio (I still do!). I never had any problems with the mic, but I did have a good quality mic too. Also, it's much easier to peak on mics than it is on a deck and I think this is the problem people have.

I turn the bass way down and turn the treble down a touch to avoid "essing", this worked for me with some practice - but I would imagine that everyone's voice needs to be EQ'd independently
    I personally like my mic channel to be a little bit louder than the music and so when I had a DDJSX briefly I would knock the other channels down a little. It did annoy me that the music levels never reached the 0db mark though. I got a mini mixer recently and whilst it's not needed I found it's a lot nicer to have a full EQ for your mic and a master EQ for your music and there is so much more headroom.
    I am using it with a S5 though which is tiny compared to the DDJSX

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD