Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: co2 cannon vs vertical fog machine?

Default co2 cannon vs vertical fog machine?

Looking to purchase 2 fixtures each placed at either end of our stage

The idea is to create a vertical smoke effect that shoots up whilst the performer is on stage

Am not sure what to go for co2 cannon or mid range vertical smoke machine

If using the fog machine I would have to import FoggysFrog Quick Blast fog fluid as it evaporates quickly creating a co2 effect. The idea is for the smoke not to cloud the stage for too long. Initial costs wise they are the same but I am guessing the co2 cannons would be more expensive to run

The smoke machines are massively cheaper to buy and run, you also won't need heavey expensive co2 bottles.

It will also be alot easier health and saftey wise as its not very often the co2 cannons get used in small indoor spaces due to the danger it presents the audience. Not to mention the noise they make.

You also don't need to transport the co2 which can be an issue in itself, we always have it delivered to site from boc for example. You also need to secure the bottles which indoors can be very tricky.

I Agree with all the above CO2 is very expensive. The fluid for the vertical fog machines can be obtained for around £10 for 5L from Thomann Germany (order several at a time to offset postage) The best price on the Chauvett Geysers can be found from bax-shop.co.uk/ and you get an extended guarantee.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire

thanks for the replies

what are your thoughts on this:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1500w...b-ffed66a0d87e

Quote Originally Posted by hmale4yu View Post
    thanks for the replies

what are your thoughts on this:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1500w...b-ffed66a0d87e
    My thoughts are that it's in America. As to its qualities, I'm sorry I have no idea.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    My thoughts are that it's in America. As to its qualities, I'm sorry I have no idea.
    Nay. It's in China. The Guangzhou Fanbow Stage Lighting Equipment Factory to be precise.

Avoid, unless you fancy risking getting more than your wallet burned. I'm sure there are reputable sellers on Aliexpress & the likes, but finding them is something of a crapshoot.

My thoughts are that it's in America.
    Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    Nay. It's in China. The Guangzhou Fanbow Stage Lighting Equipment Factory to be precise.
    America, China, wherever.

OK, I'm guilty, I saw a Dollar sign and assumed America. Without some insider knowledge, it's a lottery, and with short odds on an unhappy ending.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

America, China, wherever. Without some insider knowledge, it's a lottery, and with short odds on an unhappy ending.
    Yes my thoughts exactly, I had a look at the specs and they seem a little 'inventive' to say the least i.e. 8 sec warm up and 20,000 cfm output, a similar Chauvet M/C with a similar 1500W heater takes 4mins to warm up and produces around 10,000 cfm. If it goes wrong, best of luck getting it sorted.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire