Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help choose USB DMX.

Quote Originally Posted by mrrawuk View Post
    Some equinox stuff us there for chamsys but not the ones i have sadly.

Attachment 17708
    Will the megabar profile not work?
    if not just make one or send me the dmx details of the gigabar and ill make one

what you will find is for generic rgb lights which from what i can make out is what the gigabar is in a bank of 4 you need to go to generic, rgb led and then add 4 of them

c

Default dmx

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1984 View Post

what you will find is for generic rgb lights which from what i can make out is what the gigabar is in a bank of 4 you need to go to generic, rgb led and then add 4 of them

c
    Tbh mate i am so new to DMX it's prob more me. Chamsys is just way to complex for a new user in my opinion(i have spent a few days on tutorials and i just can't pick it up). I am going to focus on MY DMX 2.0 for now and see how that goes. Appreciate the help though

No worries

Dmx is incredibly simple once you understand to basics!
    Often the cheaper the controller the more complicated it is!
    The computer based stuff makes it a lot easier for people to use at sensible price point!
    If you need anything just shout

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1984 View Post

c
    That's a good offer from Chris for making up the profiles for you. Chamsys did the same for me. I emailed them the DMX settings for a particular picture and within hours I had the profile file back. With no charge!! Top notch service!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Default dmx no no

Well have been on this DMX malarky for a few days. Got an Equinox RGB batten profile for my dmx 2.0 and none of it makes sense or works. I can see why lots of people cannot take to dmx.

I think despite being tech savvy this is just way to steep a learning curve for me. I shall give it a few more days but can't see DMX at any of my gigs.

Sound to light it is then lads lol.

Default DMX

Well finally got some DMX profiles and i have been able to get my RGB Equinox to be controlled but sadly the ADJ software on my mac crashes constantly, but seeing where i cam now compared to 3 days ago is night and day