Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Coalville 2016, the unexpurgated truth!!

Maybe 600w program power means 300wrms then. That would tally with the price. Lies, damn lies & spec sheets!
    Last edited by Nakatomi; 20-02-2016 at 11:18 AM. Reason: stupid phone autobongle

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    Maybe 600w program power means 300wrms then. That would tally with the price. Lies, damn lies & spec sheets!
    Yes PROGRAM AND MUSIC POWER are misleading and about 50-60 per cent of it equates to rms power.

From Peter--

I'm not sure it's actually as much as that, Justin. Davesounds had it to bits to check why it wasn't shaking the glasses off the bar, and the simple reason is, it hasn't got a very big engine.

Alan, " suck it and see " is the best option. I'm not overly optimistic though, mainly because of what you're trying to connect it to. Good luck.

Maybe I should think about a more powerful amp to drive the UL15s, like a lightweight Peavey IPR2 3000?

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K View Post
    Maybe I should think about a more powerful amp to drive the UL15s, like a lightweight Peavey IPR2 3000?
    Alan, I have good news, and bad news. The good news is an IPR2 3000 is around £300.

The bad news is, that's in America.

The worse news is that's 110v and won't work in this country ( without a monstrously heavy transformer )

And adding insult to injury, how much is one designed for this country and 240v?

Double it!!

Edit: And how much for a similarly specced Behringer from Germany?

£200.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 20-02-2016 at 06:47 PM.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Alan, I have good news, and bad news. The good news is an IPR2 3000 is around £300.

The bad news is, that's in America.

The worse news is that's 110v and won't work in this country ( without a monstrously heavy transformer )

And adding insult to injury, how much is one designed for this country and 240v?

Double it!!

Edit: And how much for a similarly specced Behringer from Germany?

£200.
    Thanks Peter, more thinking to do, I was reading feedback on the Behringer and was slightly worried how loud it really is.

If it's not much more than my Peavey 500w RMS per channel into 4 ohms then maybe better off adding some sound reinforcement like a couple of smaller powered speakers( EVs we bought from Darren )
    or a pair of Altos my son owns.

No rush

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K View Post
    Thanks Peter, more thinking to do, I was reading feedback on the Behringer and was slightly worried how loud it really is.

If it's not much more than my Peavey 500w RMS per channel into 4 ohms then maybe better off adding some sound reinforcement like a couple of smaller powered speakers( EVs we bought from Darren )
    or a pair of Altos my son owns.

No rush
    Looking at a Peavey 2600 on e bay.

Probably a bad idea just after a Hernia operation

Well....it's happened

My DSR118 has just disappeared on it's way Thurrock-bound (thanks Ian if you read this one), in exchange for a brace of DXS12's

IT'S CHRIIIIISTTTTMASSSSSS!!!!!

This setup is absolutely AWESOME. I can't believe the quality and quantity of sound coming out of it! Absolutely jaw dropping.

Maybe I'll bring them up to Coalville next year