Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
My learned friends above have given the technical answers, which are entirely correct, but may not help you in your choice.

Band pass cabs produce a different type of sound to bass reflex cabs. I'm not fond of it. I'd recommend hearing thje two side by side.

My numpty guide is that if you can see a speaker behind the grille, it's bass reflex, if you can only see slots, and no speaker cone, it's a band pass. That's only scratching the surface, but might help. In my humble opinion, bass reflex are more musical.
I'm using the 705AS's and you have to be very careful what you pair them with. They're great at filling in the bottom end below my ART422A's, but if you pair them with anything that is less capable above 100hz then you end up with some odd gaps and you have to be very careful how you set the gains on the subs and tops (otherwise you can end up with bass notes that sound very loud and very out of place!)

They'll vibrate glasses off the bar at 20 paces though for the notes between 20hz and 100hz

Julian