First of all, a huge vote of thanks to James H and AED for running the event. In so many ways, this was the best ever. If you missed it, then shame on you, it was featured the most relevant kit to the majority of mobile DJs I've ever seen.

OK, so our little wagon train left the Toby, and arrived at the Charnwood around 9.30, where we were greeted by James H looking like he'd gone twelve rounds with Count Dracula, and lost on points. Seems he'd suffered an infection on his neck, which had turned very nasty, and he had been released from the hospital, with instructions not to work for at least a week.
Stalwart that he is, he'd decided that " The show must go on ", and carried on regardless. The lad's a trooper.

The other two reprobates turned up minutes after me, and we set about rigging kit. It's always lovely to see the spirit of kindness and cooperation this day entails, and as more folks arrived, the systems started to fill the room. Proceedings were enlivened by one of the little Mackie cabs deciding to spontaneously self destruct in a loud and unpleasant fashion, before treating us to the smell of fried components.

James had allocated spaces according to style of system, so that we got the best possible grouping of vaguely similar systems together. With very little fuss, technical glitches, or argument, we were ready to Rock and Roll. Systems ranged from one lonely and forlorn Maui 5, through Evox, Bose and Curv, through Dicky's " tasteful and understated " rig, Splendid looking OHM, Alto Black, Flare and Logik systems, right up to 7.5Kw of RCF TT+ with subs the size of a small hatchback!!!

What did they sound like, I hear you cry. Well, the following is basically my views, I hope others chip in with theirs, for as we know, sound is a very personal thing.

The little Maui 5 again aquitted itself very very well, and impressed me no end. I think it's a winner. However, when put up against the Evox 8 and 12, and Bose L2/L1 ( I think. Dave will correct me if I'm wrong. ) it was understandably outclassed. The Evox twelve is just fantastic, and impressed everyone. Now I've got to upset Shaun, and say that I thought his Curv didn't quite cut it. It runs into clip rather early, and seems to promise more than it delivers.

A pair of FBT Jolly 12s made me eat my words, as they were very very impressive, and astonishing value. The surprise of the day though was a pair of Yamaha DXR8s. They were absolutely amazing, and sounded much bigger, really impressive. Even more impressive though was when Justin asked as I was wheeling out my Alto sub if we could try it with the Yamahas. It was lashed in quickly, fired up, and a number of jaws hit the floor simultaneously. It sounded superb. It wasn't even wired in properly, but it still sounded great.

The social part of the evening followed, and as always it's great to meet forum members we don't see often enough. Roll on next year.