Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted - Numark Director / Cortex HDC 1000 etc

Default Wanted - Numark Director / Cortex HDC 1000 etc

Does anybody have either going nice and cheap. Im setting up again from scratch and want to be able to add karaoke in without using an additional mixer, therefore im after a 19" rackable controller. Needs to be as cheap as possible as ive got a full rig to buy. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by soundscapes View Post
    Does anybody have either going nice and cheap. Im setting up again from scratch and want to be able to add karaoke in without using an additional mixer, therefore im after a 19" rackable controller. Needs to be as cheap as possible as ive got a full rig to buy. Thanks in advance
    Cortex HDC 1000 has proved to be a fantastically reliable unit for me for 10 years or so--however watch out for worn or faulty stop start buttons--had to replace mine eventually--which might prove expensive.

I would be careful about buying a cheap one==worn buttons might be an unwelcome feature

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K View Post
    Cortex HDC 1000 has proved to be a fantastically reliable unit for me for 10 years or so--however watch out for worn or faulty stop start buttons--had to replace mine eventually--which might prove expensive.

I would be careful about buying a cheap one==worn buttons might be an unwelcome feature
    I agree - been using them for 10 years and only on my second unit.

Worn ones are a pain, however you can use a keyboard, which isn't a problem is only the play button what is sticking
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    I agree - been using them for 10 years and only on my second unit.

Worn ones are a pain, however you can use a keyboard, which isn't a problem is only the play button what is sticking
    Quite right, I find it a lot easier using buttons though personally.

What did your first one finally die from ?

Been unable to wear mine out (other than buttons) although you will have used yours a lot lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K View Post
    Quite right, I find it a lot easier using buttons though personally.

What did your first one finally die from ?

Been unable to wear mine out (other than buttons) although you will have used yours a lot lot more.
    Buttons was the main concern, but it also started to take a lot longer to start up and read the HD. Still have it as backup although a keyboard is the only real way to use it.

They never took off and I can't see why they didn't. To me they are so simple to use and far more reliable than a laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    They never took off and I can't see why they didn't. To me they are so simple to use and far more reliable than a laptop.
    Reliability issues (mine rarely made it through a night without something crazy happening), responsiveness (compared to a laptop), buttons failing, price (compared to the controllers which entered the market around the same time), visibility (much bigger/better screens on a laptop), the need to still have a laptop or desktop computer to index the external drive...

Anyway... The buttons are cheap enough and quick enough to replace if you're confident with a soldering iron. I had to change about 10 on each side on mine, so I bought in bulk (£20 worth!) and still have about 30 kicking around here if anyone wants any for the cost of P&P?

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    Reliability issues (mine rarely made it through a night without something crazy happening), Julian
    Ah yes, but what you're not telling the casual observer is that you had the finely tuned, high performance, pernickety 3000 whereas those of us with the run of the mill 1000 had few issues, once they'd got a few bugs out. As long as you powered everything you connected to it via a hub, life was good.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Ah yes, but what you're not telling the casual observer is that you had the finely tuned, high performance, pernickety 3000 whereas those of us with the run of the mill 1000 had few issues, once they'd got a few bugs out. As long as you powered everything you connected to it via a hub, life was good.
    Agree - I bought a 3000 and sold it within a week. The 1000 does all I need and has been 100% reliable for me.

the cortex 1000 has now been creeping up in price for 2nd hand ones.
    They are going for around £100 + mark.

A year or so ago you couldn't give them away, I like them and still use mine altho I must admit that the buttons are getting a bit worn now.

And luckily for me have several all in boxes and 1 for spares, So that I can continue to use them

Julian - please PM me with details and I will take what you have.
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/

Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    the cortex 1000 has now been creeping up in price for 2nd hand ones.
    They are going for around £100 + mark.

A year or so ago you couldn't give them away, I like them and still use mine altho I must admit that the buttons are getting a bit worn now.

And luckily for me have several all in boxes and 1 for spares, So that I can continue to use them

Julian - please PM me with details and I will take what you have.
    Haha - great minds think alike

I have one I use, one in backup and 2 hardly used ones still in boxes. I hate the thought of using a laptop for DJing so trying to avoid for as long as possible.