Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted - Numark Director / Cortex HDC 1000 etc

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Haha - great minds think alike

I have one I use, one in backup and 2 hardly used ones still in boxes. I hate the thought of using a laptop for DJing so trying to avoid for as long as possible.
    when i run out wont goto laptop - would rather dig me cds out again
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/

Nowt wrong wi laptops if you know what you're doing. Over 120 gigs & only 2 hiccups in all that time & never any need to switch to backup playout. A load more reliable than I remember Denon DN2000F-mkIII being I know that much!

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    Nowt wrong wi laptops if you know what you're doing. Over 120 gigs & only 2 hiccups in all that time & never any need to switch to backup playout. A load more reliable than I remember Denon DN2000F-mkIII being I know that much!
    2 hiccups in 120 gigs.

Around 1000 with my cortex without one hiccup lol
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    2 hiccups in 120 gigs.

Around 1000 with my cortex without one hiccup lol
    Ah yes, but that's cos I've only done 120 or so up to now Not had anything going wrong for ages since I upgraded the controller's USB cable. I couldn't live without loops or hot-cues now.

Ah yes, but that's cos I've only done 120 or so up to now Not had anything going wrong for ages since I upgraded the controller's USB cable. I couldn't live without loops or hot-cues now.
    Ahh that is the difference - all I use is the play button
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

I think you may not have been on here years ago when one of our Irish friends posted that UNFORGETTABLE LAPTOP POST---

New Years Eve, big event, everyone blitzed--- about 15 minutes from end---LAPTOP DIES.

I cant remember whether they threw bottles, chairs, tables or the WHOLE LOT.

I know im not imagining this--unless it was on another disco site before i came here.

These days things are probably more reliable and most people have back up.

Must admit I dont have instant backup as I believe the Cortex 1000 is unbreakable, NEVER TRIED THE 3000 but I do have a spare Cortex 1000 , Mini Disc and 3 i pods as back up nearby

To be fair the only problems are caused by poorly prepared hard drives or corrupt files--its NEVER been the Cortex at fault for me.

Ill be using mine until I hang up my Cowboy Hat.--yee ha!