Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Headbanger 10 best bang for buck?

Default Headbanger 10 best bang for buck?

I am looking to add 2x moving heads.

Saw some older threads here and nothing negative about the Headbanger 10.
    They have come down in price at around £114 each at the mo.

Anyone have these and can give their opinions on these heads?

Many thanks.

Yup - I have a pair of them.

For the money, they're unbelievably bright (in fact I've been asked on more than one occasion to dim them!). Note that there's none of the Gobo stuff or anything on them, it's literally a beam of light.

The only real problem is that they really do HAVE to be controlled by DMX. Although they've got S2L etc. on them, there's no program which makes them forward facing only so they'll spend quite a bit of their time facing in the wrong direction.

At £114 each - why are you even asking the question though?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMD View Post
    No they're a different beast entirely.

I've seen these in action & boy do they like strobing. Even during slow songs. Taming them with dmx would be a must for me. For the money they're very bright. Probably even better value than static wash lights at the same power level.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    No they're a different beast entirely.

I've seen these in action & boy do they like strobing. Even during slow songs. Taming them with dmx would be a must for me. For the money they're very bright. Probably even better value than static wash lights at the same power level.
    I am not sure which moving head to go for.
    I have DMX so i can tame the strobing on the headbanger 10, but part of me is thinking that i would rather spend a bit more on a moving head with gobo's etc.

Perhaps the Chauvet Intimidator 255 or an ADJ full size moving head? Not sure tbh

That's the thing. A decent mover with good output is going to cost four times what the headbangers amount to. That isn't what I call 'a bit more'

That's the thing. A decent mover with good output is going to cost four times what the headbangers amount to. That isn't what I call 'a bit more'
    Indeed i did think they will cost way more, but perhaps by spending more at the start on something i can use for 18th and 21st events as well as weddings will stop me having to upgrade very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by mrrawuk View Post
    Indeed i did think they will cost way more, but perhaps by spending more at the start on something i can use for 18th and 21st events as well as weddings will stop me having to upgrade very quickly.
    I've been pondering a couple of high power led flowers but for only another 200 or so I figure I could have 50W movers with interchangeable gobos. Never mind me - it'll make my sons year. Only 5 years old but obsessed by moving heads for some reason.

I've been pondering a couple of high power led flowers but for only another 200 or so I figure I could have 50W movers with interchangeable gobos. Never mind me - it'll make my sons year. Only 5 years old but obsessed by moving heads for some reason.
    Thats my thoughts about Moving heads for £200 each per unit that will do it all and as others have said in other threads is that pay for quality now if you can afford it etc.

Personally I have two of these on my shopping list for March

Chauvet Intimidator 355Z
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsZFDXD4wcI

I'm only gonna be buying moving heads once in the foreseeable future and these are the best I have seen (actally I was totallly blown away by them at BPM show 2015)

I am also interested in the 'weddings' gobo set that comes included with them - would be very interested to know if others on here have these moving heads and what thay think of them compared to others

Rich