Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wirless DMX and ADJ NE1

Default Wirless DMX and ADJ NE1

Is anyone running ADJ NE1 with non ADJ wireless DMX lights?

This is something which I've been looking at too. (And looking to retro fit wireless dmx into my fixtures)

So far I've had no luck. I "think" the WiFly works differently to normal DMX.

I'm looking at plugging a generic wireless dmx transceiver into my NE1, but struggling getting a PCB receiver to talk to my lights at the moment.

This was on recently, but can't find it on search. Darren has one.

I think this is the best hardware option out there. A year ago I would have got one, but thing are really moving forward now with iPad control so I am looking in the Cuety direction. It is a shame that they have locked the DMX into their spectrum, but I bet there is a workaround. At the moment though (with my GWDMX) I have ditched my wireless box and plug into the booth uplighter which is the master so thats an option. It has a better range than the box anyway, but you can always put on a larger antenna to the light, which i am guessing is not an option on the NE1.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Dead easy, this one.

ADJ wireless kit will only work with ADJ wireless kit unless you plug a non-ADJ wireless DMX transmitter into the DMX output of the ADJ NE1.

I did have one of these for a while.

Very good for what it does BUT it does have limitations. I would say its geared up to ADJ stuff - you can create profiles though for other fixtures.

You could always add an ADJ battery transceiver to your lighting to utilise the wireless functionality later if you want to.

As an example, I found although it had a profile for Inno Sport Pro's which I have , only certain features could be accessed without a lot of faffing about. (Gobo focus for one)

Great for simple activities but no substitute for a full hardware/software controller.

My advice would be to study the manual and make sure it will do everything you need to do before you buy. (Like I should have done!)

Good concept it was just not for me.
    Last edited by RobKennedy; 03-03-2016 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobKennedy View Post
    I did have one of these for a while.

Very good for what it does BUT it does have limitations. I would say its geared up to ADJ stuff - you can create profiles though for other fixtures.

You could always add an ADJ battery transceiver to your lighting to utilise the wireless functionality later if you want to.

As an example, I found although it had a profile for Inno Sport Pro's which I have , only certain features could be accessed without a lot of faffing about. (Gobo focus for one)

Great for simple activities but no substitute for a full hardware/software controller.

My advice would be to study the manual and make sure it will do everything you need to do before you buy. (Like I should have done!)

Good concept it was just not for me.
    It might just start a trend for similar, more capable controllers though you never know. As far as I know it's the only affordable standalone controller there's ever been with shape macros for movers for one thing. I've done scanner programming with a small standalone controller before & it wasn't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    Dead easy, this one.

ADJ wireless kit will only work with ADJ wireless kit unless you plug a non-ADJ wireless DMX transmitter into the DMX output of the ADJ NE1.
    Unless you use the wireless batteries which you can use its anything.

Default NE1

I asked on the NE1 FB page and they said :

"You would need that brands DMX transmitter and simply use a short cable out of the NE1 to the transmitter and and then hook up your receivers as you wish. But the NE1 only transmits the ADJ branded WiFly signal".

So yes it's sadly locked down.

Quote Originally Posted by mrrawuk View Post
    I asked on the NE1 FB page and they said :

"You would need that brands DMX transmitter and simply use a short cable out of the NE1 to the transmitter and and then hook up your receivers as you wish. But the NE1 only transmits the ADJ branded WiFly signal".

So yes it's sadly locked down.
    Not sure if we are talking at cross purposes here, but you can use these with any fixture and the NE1.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Events Ltd View Post
    Not sure if we are talking at cross purposes here, but you can use these with any fixture and the NE1.
    Yes it's a ADJ product so i knew that was going to work but £almost £90 a light ouch