Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can I have a copy of your playlist?

Default Can I have a copy of your playlist?

Anybody else seem to be suffering an influx of clients asking for YOUR playlist?
    I must have had 4 people in a week ask me this very question, I find it most time consuming to explain without sounding like I'm dodging the question or just a terrible DJ!

More to the point who's been going around telling people we have a list of songs that we play every night?? haha

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Just tell them you have an extensive library covering a number of different genres and decades including the latest chart music and you update on a weekly basis.

never have one, always work with the crowd on the nite

at a pinch could possibly supply list of fav requested songs
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    Anybody else seem to be suffering an influx of clients asking for YOUR playlist?
    I must have had 4 people in a week ask me this very question, I find it most time consuming to explain without sounding like I'm dodging the question or just a terrible DJ!

More to the point who's been going around telling people we have a list of songs that we play every night?? haha
    I've had this happen to me a few times recently.

I just say that I offer a bespoke service, so it's impossible to have a playlist of tracks for every night.

I actually offer some clients some sample playlists from previous events. I find them a great starting point for finding out what they like and don’t like.

At the very least if you get that question it's a good conversation starter ‘All parties are different so one playlist may not suit another, may I ask why you’d like to see one?’

Funnily enough I was told a little while ago by a client that they had googled me and found a playlist I posted on here and really liked it.

Probably whats going round is that some DJs have tracks listed on their website that are available to be requested.

Now I know some of you have so much music its not possible.

I have a list, its pretty outdated --but so are most of my customers

They usually choose 25 must play, 25 like to play (as I dont do Disco all night) choosing some from my lists, add a few faves not on the list and some up to date ones.

Works extremely well for me.

I cant see any problem with customers choosing their own music as long as they dont get guests involved with out of context requests which I notice some people suffer from.

I suppose its true to say though that everyone has in their head certain tracks they will play allowing for the audience make up.

I once worked with a DJ who was given the Brides very carefully prepared playlist at a Wedding--he looked at it and said we aint playing any of those

What a mind you the bride should have sorted this out weeks beforehand to avoid disappointment.

Could be worth asking them 'why?'

Could be that they are just wanting a bit inspiration or to get a taste of the sort of music you play.

I have about 10 playlists which I have saved on an excel file (sent in pdf) which are very varied but can give inspiration if needed - and also shows you don't just play one particular style of music.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K View Post
    I once worked with a DJ who was given the Brides very carefully prepared playlist at a Wedding--he looked at it and said we aint playing any of those

What a mind you the bride should have sorted this out weeks beforehand to avoid disappointment.
    Or the DJ should have - that’s where communicating with your clients and managing expectations comes into it. We’e got one main thing to do, play music our clients and guests will like, it’s not rocket science.

I would personally give them a sample playlist from several events as a history export. That shows them that each event is reasonably unique. In my case i just divert them to this page as it explains out all there: http://yourdj.co.uk/music-ideas/
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

New one on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    never have one, always work with the crowd on the nite

at a pinch could possibly supply list of fav requested songs
    Couldn't even begin to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    Funnily enough I was told a little while ago by a client that they had googled me and found a playlist I posted on here and really liked it.
    Ah but: Was it your playlist? I bet it was a customer playlist.

The whole thing is baffling me, who expects us to be " DJ'ing by numbers ".
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk