Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: WEIRD PRINTER PROBLEM

Default WEIRD PRINTER PROBLEM

Hope this in the right place, I have a Samsung Laser Printer SCX 3205 Which is about 5 years old and has been stored away for many years, I want to give it to a friend BUT on trying a test print there are four UNWANTED HORIZONTAL LINES EQUALLY SPACED ACROSS THE A4 page.

I have given the cartridge a good shake up and can't detect any ink on rollers.

Any suggestions to solve this gratefully received, I assume you can't put any CLEANING paper through the printer?

Thanks in advance.

there will be some tonor on the heated roller, if you feel happy to strip the cover of your pc, then it will need cleaning with some tonor cleaner and a non lint cloth.

The other option to try (not allways successful) is to grab about some pre used paper and keep feeding them thru the printer non stop for about 15 mins, it may work
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/

Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    there will be some tonor on the heated roller, if you feel happy to strip the cover of your pc, then it will need cleaning with some tonor cleaner and a non lint cloth.

The other option to try (not allways successful) is to grab about some pre used paper and keep feeding them thru the printer non stop for about 15 mins, it may work
    Thanks Steve, do you know where you get toner cleaner at all and what it might cost?

Your website link doesnt work by the way.

Cheers,

ALAN
    CRAZY K

not sure - poss old time comp shop that does repaires. I used to get it supplied to me when i was a field engineer, but looked erlier, but dont seem to have any left sorry
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K View Post
    Hope this in the right place, I have a Samsung Laser Printer SCX 3205 Which is about 5 years old and has been stored away for many years, I want to give it to a friend BUT on trying a test print there are four UNWANTED HORIZONTAL LINES EQUALLY SPACED ACROSS THE A4 page.

I have given the cartridge a good shake up and can't detect any ink on rollers.

Any suggestions to solve this gratefully received, I assume you can't put any CLEANING paper through the printer?

Thanks in advance.
    Im sending it to my friend in Scotland who wants it (for free) and now decided hes going to get a Computer man to sort it out locally allegedly, many thanks for in put anyway.