Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mixtrack Pro 3 vs denon mc2000

Default mixtrack Pro 3 vs denon mc2000

As it would appear time has moved on since I last span the wheel of steel ( or virtual ones anyway ). Ive been looking at moving over to a controller rather than buying used cortex/hd2500 and mixer.
    I anybody using one successfully for mobile work as the all seem to be slanted towards club type mixing ?
    Ive looked at both the denon mc2000 and mixtrack pro 3 as im not planning on doing many gigs this time round so don't want to splash megabucks, has anybody used either and crucially what are the mic inputs like as ive heard some horror stories about mic quality.
    Any other suggestions for alternatives gratefully accepted

I had an MC2000, and if my ageing laptop had got on with it, I might have still had it. It was replaced with an American Audio VMS2, and to be honest the Denon had more going for it. Mic inputs on each are nothing to write home about, and that's being generous.
    Mixtrack 3, sorry no idea. I once had an old Mixtrack Pro, which seemed to work well enough, but I never used it in anger. Davesounds son Matty is currently using it to good effect, apparently.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I looked at both, and then bought the Pioneer SB2 which is about £20 more than the Mixtrack Pro if I remember right? The Mic inputs are average on all of these units. Noise and sound quality are generally ok and certainly usable for the majority of functions, but there's no EQ on the single Mic channel on any of these units.

Principle reasons for choosing Pioneer? I don't like the Play/Cue buttons on the Numark kit and secondly the sound quality on the DDJ-SX I own was noticeably better than on my old Mixtrack Pro (1st generation) and the same is true for the SB2. Numark may have addressed this now they've got to V3!

Julian
    http://www.bristoldiscohire.co.uk - Quality Disco and Equipment hire for Bristol & Bath
    Weddings, Birthday Parties, Kids Parties, School Disco's and more
    https://julianburr.co.uk - Wedding, Family, Portrait and Product Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I had an MC2000, and if my ageing laptop had got on with it, I might have still had it. It was replaced with an American Audio VMS2, and to be honest the Denon had more going for it. Mic inputs on each are nothing to write home about, and that's being generous.
    Mixtrack 3, sorry no idea. I once had an old Mixtrack Pro, which seemed to work well enough, but I never used it in anger. Davesounds son Matty is currently using it to good effect, apparently.
    Do you run directly from the controller to your speakers or are you running it into a second mixer ?

Quote Originally Posted by soundscapes View Post
    Do you run directly from the controller to your speakers or are you running it into a second mixer ?
    Without a proper mic channel any mobile DJ would have to resort to using an external mixer. I don't know why controllers even bother having a mic channel if

A) there's no on/off switch on the control surface
    B) there's no XLR socket
    C) there's only a level control - i.e. no EQ

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Jules View Post
    I looked at both, and then bought the Pioneer SB2 which is about £20 more than the Mixtrack Pro if I remember right? The Mic inputs are average on all of these units. Noise and sound quality are generally ok and certainly usable for the majority of functions, but there's no EQ on the single Mic channel on any of these units.

Principle reasons for choosing Pioneer? I don't like the Play/Cue buttons on the Numark kit and secondly the sound quality on the DDJ-SX I own was noticeably better than on my old Mixtrack Pro (1st generation) and the same is true for the SB2. Numark may have addressed this now they've got to V3!

Julian
    I'd personally suggest an mc6000 over the mc2000 if nothing else the 6000 DOES have mic EQ.
    Also the Play/Cue buttons are something which bugged me on my old MC6000 and on my Numark Decks & Traktor controllers before. Not a major issue but for whatever reason Poineer have nailed their buttons and other use horrible rubber ones... even Poineer's rubber buttons are loads better than Numark / Denon's!

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    Without a proper mic channel any mobile DJ would have to resort to using an external mixer. I don't know why controllers even bother having a mic channel if

B) there's no XLR socket
    A & B aren't exactly essential but they are quite useful. However without EQ you could find yourself in a pickle!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

?
    Ive looked at both the denon mc2000 and mixtrack pro 3 as im not planning on doing many gigs this time round so don't want to splash megabucks,
    Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I'd personally suggest an mc6000 over the mc2000 if nothing else the 6000 DOES have mic EQ.
    I'm finding the 6000 at over £400, as opposed to the 2000 at £170. A price hike of 250% seems over budget to me. I would have suggested the VMS4.1 if I thought it was in the price range. I had a look at the Denon MC3000 manual, and there's no EQ on that mic either.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post

B) there's no XLR socket
    Justin's pretty much said it all. I suspect that these two channel controllers are aimed fairly and squarely at anyone other than mobile DJs. For the reasons he's given, I and everybody else I know feeds them into a small Behringer/Alto mixer for the mics, and a line channel for the music.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 14-03-2016 at 08:49 PM.

Think ill give them a miss then. Might as well keep feeding the laptop directly into the mixer and perhaps look at a rackmount midi controller

Think ill give them a miss then. Might as well keep feeding the laptop directly into the mixer and perhaps look at a rackmount midi controller
    In that case, two options.
    1) El cheapo. USB soundcard, withDJ2GO. Not pretty, but works.
    2) Something like the Denon HC4500 Pretty, and it works. Not terribly cheap perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    I'm finding the 6000 at over £400, as opposed to the 2000 at £170. A price hike of 250% seems over budget to me. I would have suggested the VMS4.1 if I thought it was in the price range. I had a look at the Denon MC3000 manual, and there's no EQ on that mic either.

Justin's pretty much said it all. I suspect that these two channel controllers are aimed fairly and squarely at anyone other than mobile DJs. For the reasons he's given, I and everybody else I know feeds them into a small Behringer/Alto mixer for the mics, and a line channel for the music.
    There's also the MC4000 now, but it's not that much cheaper than the 6000. So if you'd be tempted by the 4000, just go for the 6000. Another thing on my 'want' list.