Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Light stand grip broken :(

The trick they don't tell you is that these grips are only really enough to hold the pole briefly for long enough for you to slip the pin in.

If I was to replace the stand it wouldn't be with an identical model. I'm looking at a hydraulic one. Ah so many things I want but so little spare cash...

Those stupid screw bolts and plastic wedges are exactly the reason I bought a pair of ultimate support TS-90B stands.
    Quick release collars are so much better and there is no risk of overtightening!

To know exactly how much it needs to be tightened exactly seems to be a skill in it's own. It's either not tight enough - the speaker slips or it's too tight and something fails!

Name:  speaker.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  12.3 KB

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    Those stupid screw bolts and plastic wedges are exactly the reason I bought a pair of ultimate support TS-90B stands.
    Quick release collars are so much better and there is no risk of overtightening!

To know exactly how much it needs to be tightened exactly seems to be a skill in it's own. It's either not tight enough - the speaker slips or it's too tight and something fails!

Name:  speaker.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  12.3 KB
    Those look great tbh.

Default gigabar

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    Where would you have to send it back to? Might be cheaper to drop it off yourself.
    Sadly Norfolk, and i am in Cardiff so to driving up there
    Last edited by Excalibur; 15-03-2016 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Minor tidying of language. Word is allowed by forum censor, but not necessarily in that context.

Quote Originally Posted by mrrawuk View Post
    Those look great tbh.
    I think they're around £80 per stand. For my wasting too much time on gumtree I was rewarded with a v.good condition pair for £50

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Default stands

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I think they're around £80 per stand. For my wasting too much time on gumtree I was rewarded with a v.good condition pair for £50
    That Sir.....is a Bargain! Jammy sod

These Gator stands also look quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFKR-1lofr4

Default stands

Luckily i found the missing part and the stand is actually working but one of my speaker stands is actually broke so i need to get some decent light weight and strong ones so i appreciate the advise given lads.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    The trick they don't tell you is that these grips are only really enough to hold the pole briefly for long enough for you to slip the pin in.

If I was to replace the stand it wouldn't be with an identical model. I'm looking at a hydraulic one. Ah so many things I want but so little spare cash...
    I use some really old hydraulic ones occasionally and they're decent stands. I also use Adam Hall-branded all-metal (steel) ones and they're the sturdiest stands I've ever come across.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Default stands

Stands seem to be such a tricky area.
    If i could do anything different over the last 4 months of getting my rig together it would be the stands.

Mine are cheap and are not going to last.

I am looking at loads of different ones and i want lightweight and built to last with fittings that won't snap and stands that have serviceable parts.