Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Question for those who have Equinox Gigabar

Default Question for those who have Equinox Gigabar

When setting up the gigabar i pull out the stand and then attach the main bar with lights to the stand. It slots in to the top but does not lock. There is a hole there that takes a pin but if i adjust the position of one of the lights then the whole top of the bar moves too.

My unit was ex demo and i am asking if there is supposed to be something that clamps at the top to stop them turning/moving. (is this the 28mm sprigot??)

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mrrawuk View Post
    i am asking if there is supposed to be something that clamps at the top to stop them turning/moving. (is this the 28mm sprigot??)

Many thanks.
    Your GigaBAR sounds normal to me, there is no clamp, just the pin holds the bar in place, and the clearance tolerance between the holes in the top tube and the spigot (the short silver shaft attached to the bar) are allowing the movement you are experiencing. I'm surprised this is causing you a problem since it's only a small amount the bar can move with the pin in, you could try to find a thick'ish 'O' ring that fits onto the spigot, this would help reduce this movement a bit, but not cure it.
    Last edited by Pe7e; 15-03-2016 at 09:20 AM.
    Inside every old person, is a young person wondering 'What The Hell Happened'. Tempus Fugit

Disco 4 Hire