Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Wow, a new pricing low!

Default Wow, a new pricing low!

From NaD Lead Closure email...
    The client and winning member agreed a fee of around a tenth of the stated budget.
    It appears sixty quid sid may now be replaced by forty quid fred or fifty quid frank.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post

The client and winning member agreed a fee of around a tenth of the stated budget.
    It appears sixty quid sid may now be replaced by forty quid fred or fifty quid frank.
    Ahem. Just a couple of mathematical points, if you don't mind.
    1) For Sid to get the booking implies a budget of six hundred pounds. Hundred quid Harry only requires one of a thousand pounds.
    2) You'd never get that much round here.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Ahem. Just a couple of mathematical points, if you don't mind.
    1) For Sid to get the booking implies a budget of six hundred pounds. Hundred quid Harry only requires one of a thousand pounds.
    2) You'd never get that much round here.
    You would imagine a client with that kind of budget would surely query such a low quote?

I mean if a Builder or a Plumber quoted massively low wouldnt you be worried you were getting a job done?

If you had any experience of life you would
    Last edited by Excalibur; 03-04-2016 at 01:32 PM. Reason: censor avoidance

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K View Post
    You would imagine a client with that kind of budget would surely query such a low quote?
    You would indeed, Alan. Apparently a wise method of selection is to bin the top few quotes, as they're profiteering, bin the bottom few cos they're too cheap, and choose from what's left.

Apparently a wise method of selection is to bin the top few quotes, as they're profiteering
    A service provider that is expensive means they are profiteering? Really??
    Last edited by Shaun; 03-04-2016 at 02:06 PM.

A service provider that is expensive means they are profiteering? Do you believe that nonsense?
    Tut tut Shaun. How often do I leave myself open to such an obvious riposte? Read it again, instead of quoting part of it out of context.

You would indeed, Alan. Apparently a wise method of selection is to bin the top few quotes, as they're profiteering, bin the bottom few cos they're too cheap, and choose from what's left.
    I could have substituted Allegedly, Seemingly, Some People Say, There is a view that, or any number of other phrases indicating that it was in no way a cast iron, incontrovertible fact, but merely a point of view which may or may not hold water.

Also, how many time has someone on here said " I didn't want the gig, so I quoted an absurdly high price, and they snapped my hand off " ? Merely paying top dollar does not guarantee quality of service, just as bargain basement rates are not always commensurate with suppliers offering sub-standard services.

Case in point, a customer booked me for an AmpDJ function. His DJ of choice, who he had used before, had his gear stolen from a venue, I was told. The client thus put the job out to tender, and discounted the cheapest and most expensive. His logic was that as he knew very little about any of us, and he vaguely expected us all to provide something similar ( the enquiry was for a simple birthday disco, no bells and whistles ) he would discount the lowest ones, and the highest ones, and look in the middle. That's where I was. I'm now his DJ of choice.

To answer your question Shaun, do I believe that expensive service providers are profiteering? No. Basically because that's not what I wrote. They may be, they may not.
    Do I believe that the most expensive service providers are profiteering? Whole different question. The answer is still no. However, that's because I know that it's not cause and effect.

Answer me this then Shaun, if you would. Three quotes for a Disco.
    First one, £300. Professional kit, professional behaviour from the DJ, all top notch.
    Second one, £200. Same as above, cheaper badges on the gear, same service as regards what's provided.
    Third one, £75. Scabby kit, scruffy oik, no paperwork, all cash, and very little customer service.

Which one's profiteering?

I would go to that event to see what they get.

I find it really annoying when its a half decent set up and a half decent DJ.

More fool them I say though. They would have to do about 16-20 functions to match my average fee.
    Last edited by yourdj; 03-04-2016 at 02:58 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Peter,

First, i misread your last post. I thought you were implying, but on re-reading that's not the case. Apologies.

I'll come back to your question when I have a little time. Rugrats are driving me insane at the moment.

Peter,

First, i misread your last post. I thought you were implying, but on re-reading that's not the case. Apologies.
    Not needed. Good luck with the little ones.

A lot depends on the type of disco.
    There are discos that are there to make money.
    On the other I am one of the others who did it for the fun of it now and then.
    If I really fancied a gig I would offer a low quote.