Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Complaint from a customer

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    Some people don’t like making fuss, it’s a very British thing, how often do people complain about anything while it’s happening but talk about if afterwards.

The client could be happy at the end of the night but if a guest (or several guests) told them the next day they had their requests refused by the DJ and they thought he/she was rude about it then or one of the tables had lights shining in their eyes all night but the DJ refused to move them when asked...then the clients level of satisfaction could change with this new information.

I’m not saying they’re right not to bring it to the client attention straight away but I can understand how and why it could happen - does that type of scenario exempt them from your complaints process?

(and it’d be a good idea to spell/grammar check the site as well, I spotted quite a few errors).
    That's a good scenario. If this was the case I would say they are exempt form the 100% refund policy but I would still look into their complaint and deal with it accordingly. In this scenario the client contacted us as soon as they were made aware of the issues. Allthough I am confident that none of my DJ's or other staff members would be rude to cients and/or their guests.

On the other hand I can see where it could cause some confusion in the future. And maybe i would see it differnelty if i was the client looking at it. So I am going to look into the wording of the refund policy to try and make it clearer as you have made some very good points thanks.

(I have already had someone proof read the website and thought all the spelling and grammer mistakes had been corrected, As you have noticed I'm very good at not noticing my own spelling and grammer mistakes)

Quote Originally Posted by jonezyr1 View Post

The snippet you have taken from the T&C's is very good point! I am going to change that paragraph to reflect our refund policy more.
    Its nice you are taking all this criticism so gracefully. This on its own shows that you care about the service you provide.
    And this is what this forum its here for.

Mod Note: fixed quote. Now attributed to correct person.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 04-04-2016 at 02:26 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I hadn't realised there was a money back thing going on. In which case, I'm sorry mate, but you're asking for it! Of course they're going to give it a go. Not worth the hassle imo. However, as you've done that, I stand by my previous comment to give a partial refund to deflect any poor reviews then take this offer off your site!

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    Its nice you are taking all this criticism so gracefully. This on its own shows that you care about the service you provide.
    And this is what this forum its here for.
    Exactly why i put this post up.

I am looking for productive feedback so that i can improve.

I have not recieved a reply from this customer yet but as it stands, I will not be offering a refund.
    Even though i have on my website that i offer refunds, It also says that we must be made aware during the Event.

Admitadly, I have been made aware that the client may not be able to do this. (Which I am going to reflect from now on)
    However on this occasion i believe the client had ample oppurtunity to raise her concerns during the event.

I belive that no matter how i had dealt with this client before/during or even after the event would have a bearing on her asking for a refund.
    I used to work in retail, and the one thing that has taught me is "The customer is NOT always right!" You will always have people out to get their money back regardless of the service or product they have recieved.

If by the end of the night the client is happy with the service we provided, how would this change later on?
    Now hold on there, Musky. I had one where the client was delighted with the evening, full of praise for my work, promising future work, and embracing me affectionately. Did my review reflect this?

You're ahead of me, aren't you? Answer, No. It was on the poor side of average. Work that one out.

(and it’d be a good idea to spell/grammar check the site as well, I spotted quite a few errors).
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I belive that no matter how i had dealt with this client before/during or even after the event would have a bearing on her asking for a refund.
    Not sure I agree there, if you had asked what style of DJ and karaoke host they wanted then you could’ve made sure your service matched their expectations.

Effective questioning is vital, you can’t expect clients to volunteer information, we’re the experts, we should be guiding them. I find asking something like ‘what have you really liked about some of the previous parties/weddings you’ve been to?’ ‘Anything you’ve not liked?’ gets them thinking along the right lines and gives you plenty of clues on what they’re after.

I find asking something like ‘what have you really liked about some of the previous parties/weddings you’ve been to?’ ‘Anything you’ve not liked?’ gets them thinking along the right lines and gives you plenty of clues on what they’re after.
    Spot on!
    This is something I ALWAYS ask all of my customers in the meetings beforehand.

Not sure I agree there, if you had asked what style of DJ and karaoke host they wanted then you could’ve made sure your service matched their expectations.

Effective questioning is vital, you can’t expect clients to volunteer information, we’re the experts, we should be guiding them. I find asking something like ‘what have you really liked about some of the previous parties/weddings you’ve been to?’ ‘Anything you’ve not liked?’ gets them thinking along the right lines and gives you plenty of clues on what they’re after.
    I like that one, it's a very open question too which is much better than "do you want music like Y.M.C.A". I'll add that into my list of questions to ask clients.

This is however another thread about a client who doesn't understand what they are paying for and didn't realise things could be different to what they imagined! Maybe we should educate people and try to help them... maybe they should do some research it's 50/50.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    Maybe we should educate people and try to help them... maybe they should do some research it's 50/50.
    Again I don’t agree - we’re the experts, we know the industry terminology and jargon, so it’s up to us to make sure the client understands what we’re talking about. I think blaming the client because we’ve taken their understanding for granted and have failed to communicate effectively is a complete cop out.

I think it’s basics like this that need to be taught on DJ workshops.
    Last edited by funkymook; 04-04-2016 at 06:09 PM.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Again I don’t agree - we’re the experts, we know the industry terminology and jargon, so it’s up to us to make sure the client understands what we’re talking about. I think blaming the client because we’ve taken their understanding for granted and have failed to communicate effectively is a complete cop out.
    The word 'uplighting' springs to mind.

Not sure why.