Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Complaint from a customer

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    I think your logic is flawed, many sole traders do not trade under their own name, in fact I’d say it’s probably a rarity.
    I never said that Alot of DJ's use their DJ Name. What I'm saying is unless a customer calls a DJ that is, they shouldnt assume that they are getting that particular person. Alot of other DJ's I know have their partners answering the phone as well as them. Just because you call a company doesn't mean you will get the perosn that answers the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jonezyr1 View Post
    I never said that Alot of DJ's use their DJ Name. What I'm saying is unless a customer calls a DJ that is, they shouldnt assume that they are getting that particular person. Alot of other DJ's I know have their partners answering the phone as well as them. Just because you call a company doesn't mean you will get the perosn that answers the phone.
    I get what you’re saying, but it’s making an assumption on behalf of the public again.

I’ve recently hired an electrician, plumber, builder and glazier, all sole traders trading under a company name, I dealt with the same person throughout the whole booking process and would’ve been really annoyed if they then sent a complete stranger to do the work.

Did you deal with this client during the booking process yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Tony, that's a whole different ballgame, and not comparable to the case set out here, in my humble opinion.
    Indeed.

Especially as..
    Quote Originally Posted by jonezyr1 View Post
    I have acctually already said that when this client was booking i told them i might not be the DJ.
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

A lot of our (mobile DJ's) product is our personality.

You rely on a builder mainly knowing the trade and being a nice person, whom you trust in your home, whereas the DJ can make or break a night at an event. My residency is now significantly less than what we currently charge, so I take the other bookings and especially the all days, but make it very clear that it may not be me, but one of three DJ's as a couple of clients have been funny about it, despite it probably being (probably) one of the best in house hotel DJ packages in the area!

Its amazing how many stories i have heard where the DJ is asking the stand in DJ to pretend to be them. Totally out of order.

I think that your complaint was more a moan than anything as they were just a bit put out, that they did not get what they were expecting. We shall see.
    Last edited by yourdj; 05-04-2016 at 09:38 AM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post

You rely on a builder mainly knowing the trade and being a nice person, whom you trust in your home, whereas the DJ can make or break a night at an event. .
    A builder can make or break your home, quite literally

From what I understand about some current DJs, they're short of stock.

Its amazing how many stories i have heard where the DJ is asking the stand in DJ to pretend to be them. Totally out of order.
    Oh Toby, how old are you? In the good old days, I have been many many people.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I get what you’re saying, but it’s making an assumption on behalf of the public again.

I’ve recently hired an electrician, plumber, builder and glazier, all sole traders trading under a company name, I dealt with the same person throughout the whole booking process and would’ve been really annoyed if they then sent a complete stranger to do the work.

I also had a lot of work done and whilst most were called a name and we're just the one person I had a plumber who I called and he sent somebody else. The carpet fitter did the first bit then sent another person for the rest on another day. Plasterer did most then sent somebody else to do the last room a few weeks later... It's quite common practice. They did say I'll send my mate over to finish it off tomorrow. So I knew it wouldn't be them. Same with my hairdressers, if I call them and book an appointment without mentioning who they will just choose somebody to cut my hair, sometimes they ask who I'd like sometimes they don't!

Thinking about it the company name of my hairdressers is the name of one of the hairdressers... yet I've never had them cut my hair!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    I tend to disagree,its all about communication did the person who booked this service realize that the person who he booked this disco from was not going to be there on the night from what i read no.
    But the client didn't book the service from "the person" he booked it from "the business" being TFN Events. The contract would be with TFN Events and not a named individual regardless of whether he was a sole trader or not. There's nothing to stop a sole trader subcontracting work to 3rd parties and it happens in every industry. If the client misunderstood then that's the fault of the client. And Josh has actually said he told the client that he may not the DJ at their event.

I really don't feel this is rocket science. Would I really have a case against TFN Events if I booked a DJ service from them and I was unhappy because Tiesto didn't show up? I don't see that the lad could have done anymore to tell the client that there was a chance that he wouldn't be their DJ at their event. I also don't feel that a lot of the criticism directed at him here is justified. If the client had specifically wanted him as their DJ then this should have been requested at the outset. This wasn't the case so I feel he fulfilled his obligations to provide a DJ service as per the booking. I used to work in customer service and the first thing you're taught is that the saying "the customer is always right" is not right! If the customer has a fair and valid point to make, then fair enough. But if the customer is just trying it on - to benefit financially - then this isn't right and it doesn't warrant any sort of monetary compensation.

Of course, this is just my humble opinion!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

It is always difficult to deal with complaints.

I would say just the sheer fact Karaoke was asked for I would expect the DJ to be a little more interactive than normal.
    I am very selective in who I send for any job I can not do, but I would ensure they were capable of handling 99% of any client requirements head on. (99.9% in Peter's case).

Rather than court cases why not offer a free/discounted party for her next booking?
    A person who enjoys what you do may tell 2 or 3 people a person who has a bad experience will tell 20 - 30.

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I also had a lot of work done and whilst most were called a name and we're just the one person I had a plumber who I called and he sent somebody else. The carpet fitter did the first bit then sent another person for the rest on another day. Plasterer did most then sent somebody else to do the last room a few weeks later... It's quite common practice. They did say I'll send my mate over to finish it off tomorrow. So I knew it wouldn't be them. Same with my hairdressers, if I call them and book an appointment without mentioning who they will just choose somebody to cut my hair, sometimes they ask who I'd like sometimes they don't!

Thinking about it the company name of my hairdressers is the name of one of the hairdressers... yet I've never had them cut my hair!
    When I booked my people I made sure it was going to be the same person starting and finishing the job, but that’s obviously my prerogative as a client when choosing who to hire.

So if your carpet fitter, plasterer etc did the first part of the job and you were happy with it but you weren’t happy with the second person they sent you wouldn’t mention it when you complained as it’s common practice? I’d have thought it would be a major part of the complaint and you’d want to know why the original tradesman wasn’t available to finish what they started even if you were advised beforehand someone else was coming. You’d certainly want first person back to put things right rather than yet another stranger.

And I trained as a hairstylist so I know a little bit about that, regular female customers usually rebooked with a particular stylist, men on the other hand were generally happy to go with whoever was available, though there were exceptions. As a stylist it was in your interest to build a relationship with your clients as you relied on their repeat business.

Perhaps this is where I get my particular angle on customer service from? It’s a very personal service and you really have to bond with your clients in that trade.