Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Kiddies Disco"

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K ROADSHOW View Post
    AMD SAID

Its happened to all of us at some point im sure, but never slam the phone down...big no no....or sarcasim...another no no ( bad news travels faster than good news!)

Sorry to disagree but the point is this--

whilst some time waster is boring you silly with reasons why you should be doing their party for peanuts--theres another genuine customer happy to pay your price who cant get through because the line is blocked---BY A TIME WASTER-- get my drift?

Reputation?

I give people 3 phone numbers of happy customers who they can refer to.

Job done---

CRAZY K
    Dont get me wrong CK and i see where your coming from and do sympathise...nothing worse than doing the speil and then they crack out the ole statement...can get it cheaper than that in which case it is perhaps worth the risk of saying" well why are you calling me?"

Quote Originally Posted by AMD Entertainment View Post
    Dont get me wrong CK and i see where your coming from and do sympathise...nothing worse than doing the speil and then they crack out the ole statement...can get it cheaper than that in which case it is perhaps worth the risk of saying" well why are you calling me?"
    We are agreed!!!

CRAZY K

I was booked for a disco this year for a christening which they cancelled due to cost so I am taking a firm stance nothing under 13yrs of age and then it will be charged at the std rate bronze as it takes as long to set-up and break-up. All children parties must be supervised in the ratio of 6-1 adult or no booking happens whatsoever and they must arrrage the CRB requirements all parties must take place at non private venues or within school confines

In the end Im going to do a bigger paid job than kids disco's 90% of the time as thats what Im aiming for most people are having to book kiddy discos for same price as half an adults one my minimum price goes upto £200 in the new year and the website will be saying so as well as to deter kids parties even though I provide potential info to customers to look at

OK i am now going to get my neck chopped off here

I charge between £30 and £60 per disco and i'm not a cowboy!!! i have also going to be doing school for free (local council being tight on the budget ) Me being cheap has given me a lot of work and plenty of recommendations!

theres my 2ps worth

... But with respect, Callum - you're not trying to make a living out of DJing (yet!)

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    ... But with respect, Callum - you're not trying to make a living out of DJing (yet!)

I was just putting my thoughts forward and i do make a bit of £££ off of it as a bit of side money

I know, and I am not criticising you.... just making my observation

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Entertainment View Post
    I know, and I am not criticising you.... just making my observation

Right im off to bed then

pulsemobiledisco

Quote Originally Posted by Have a disco View Post
    I was booked for a disco this year for a christening which they cancelled due to cost so I am taking a firm stance nothing under 13yrs of age and then it will be charged at the std rate bronze as it takes as long to set-up and break-up. All children parties must be supervised in the ratio of 6-1 adult or no booking happens whatsoever and they must arrrage the CRB requirements all parties must take place at non private venues or within school confines

In the end Im going to do a bigger paid job than kids disco's 90% of the time as thats what Im aiming for most people are having to book kiddy discos for same price as half an adults one my minimum price goes upto £200 in the new year and the website will be saying so as well as to deter kids parties even though I provide potential info to customers to look at
    LOL, it take's me longer to read and understand badger's posts than it does to read a whole thread! Can you punctuate a little more?

Must admit I have now stopped doing kids parties, too much like hard work to me. Don't even do teenage parties any more due to a recent bad experience. 21st and above for me only now I'm afriad.

Keep holding out for your fee mayhem, there is a reason why you charge what you do and if the parents are not prepared to pay the going rate then they obvioulsy don't wan't there kids to have the best possible party. Every respect to you mayhem for what you do.
    Last edited by pulsemobiledisco; 21-12-2006 at 10:10 PM.

good luck to you if you can afford to extend your efforts beyond reasonable price barriers, but I understand why you are doing it