Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Kiddies Disco"

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy View Post
    Great attitude Callum

Years and years and years ago I did that sort of thing to get me started so you keep it up (days before a mortgage, 2 hungry cats, a car to run and a girlfriend to keep happy, not to mention......no let's not even mention her)

Mossy
    Quote Originally Posted by Have a disco View Post
    good luck to you if you can afford to extend your efforts beyond reasonable price barriers, but I understand why you are doing it

Thanks youse two

Park Farm Main Road Kirby Bellars Melton Mowbray Leicestershire LE14 2DU

Hi everyone
    Happy new year to you all.
    I have booked childrens birthday party for 21/1/07. I quote a price of £100.00 from 3.00pm to 6.30pm to this customer, she emailed me back, say this is too much so she ask if I could stay extra hour, and I emailed back, yes I will, so it`s from 3.00pm to 7.00pm finshed. I would not go for less, otherwise you have not made no money at all. If a customer happy to pay £100.00 for 4 hours for doing disco at children parties, including birthdays and christmas I will do them, but not 2 or 3 hours it is not worth it, when you takes about 1 hour to get the disco set up and after party finished take it all down.
    from Jeremy Knight
    DJ Jez,Disco and Entertainment

fair play to you mate if you want to do that bt my days of doing a 4 hour disco for 100 quid are very long gone......... fair play to thosethough that love the job enough to want to do it nice one.
    The only answer for functions in the midlands ...... Dragonfly mobile Discos Roadshow DJ services entertainment ..... call for a quote

I wouldn't recommend a 4 hour kids party at any price! Far too long for a kids party IMHO!

half an hour is bad enough

3.00-7.00 limits your evening bookings, especially if it's a 7.30 start

Default Kids party bookings

Happy New Year to you all...

After a succesful xmas and New Years Eve period I find myself doing a couple of kids/teenage parties as my first gigs of 2007. These type of occasions are very popular in my area and are about 70% my yearly bookings (although I'm hoping things will balance out a bit!). I usually stipulate that 'they' (people booking me) provide the prizes if they want games - this will be happening for my 2hour gig for 11yo next week. They also want a lot of High School Musical which is annoying popular at the moment - my going rate £35 an hour unless travelling over 20miles ISH!. Don't usually get any complaints for the prices.

I got a sixteenth birthday too so will do 3.5hours on that with the usual Dance, RnB, club stuff - £140 for the night. The only ones I may do discount is schools as a good name in these places can get you a load of bookings!

As others have mentioned if they can get somebody cheaper I give them the spiel of what I offer and all pat/pli stuff - if they still insist they can get it cheaper - no point arguing. I just say thanks for the enquiry - no sleep lost!

Agreed

so what is a good prices for kiddies 2 hour disco i'currently charging 70 quid is that too high or too low
    Electric Nite Entertainment
    Taking Entertainment to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by SEAN HAVERY View Post
    so what is a good prices for kiddies 2 hour disco i'currently charging 70 quid is that too high or too low
    All depends on your area, so we couldn't comment in general. We charge anything from £60 to £150 for kiddie discos , average is £80-100
    - Will Perkins
    Virtual Sights - Professional DJ and Technical Services
    www.virtualsights.co.uk - 0800 8600 195
    Covering the entire south east and further.