Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DJEP vs DJ Intelligence

Default DJEP vs DJ Intelligence

Thinking about taking up with a company like this. Do you have any recommendations?

Also, I'm interested to see if either have good UK music database. Do most people upload their own songs or does one (or the other) offer a good UK database for clients?

Finally, if you do use either I'd be interested to know what makes the service great for you.

Thanks everyone!

I use DJEP and have done for a number of years now and it just keeps getting better. I use the default music library as it's taking me ages to format mine correctly to upload it. But I always tell my clients they can also enter tracks manually if they can't find what they're looking for. The system locks them out 3 days before the event to give me time to find any tracks I don't have.

My recommendation, as always, is that both DJEP and DJI have trial periods and you should try them both out and see which one suits you better. Failing that, I recommend DJEP!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

I've never personally used any of these products BUT I just looked at those which are used by NaD members.

Of all NaD members who have one or more third party management products enabled on their profiles:

- 3.7% use Deckbooks
    - 83.3% use DJEP
    - 11.1% use DJI
    - 1.9% use others

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I use DJEP and have done for a number of years now and it just keeps getting better. I use the default music library as it's taking me ages to format mine correctly to upload it. But I always tell my clients they can also enter tracks manually if they can't find what they're looking for. The system locks them out 3 days before the event to give me time to find any tracks I don't have.

My recommendation, as always, is that both DJEP and DJI have trial periods and you should try them both out and see which one suits you better. Failing that, I recommend DJEP!
    Thanks will do

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vectis View Post
    I've never personally used any of these products BUT I just looked at those which are used by NaD members.

Of all NaD members who have one or more third party management products enabled on their profiles:

- 3.7% use Deckbooks
    - 83.3% use DJEP
    - 11.1% use DJI
    - 1.9% use others

Hope this helps
    VERY interesting!

I think the plus with DJEP is that it does everything. It can handle quotes and availability checking. It can track a booking from enquiry stage right through to any post-event follow-up and evaluation. It handles accounting, finance and other business stats. It issues and tracks contracts. It works with you every step of the way and every one of those steps can be customised to suit your individual needs. Then there's the client portal where a client can make payments, chose their advance requests, see their booking details and communicate directly with you. It integrates fully and seamlessly with your own website. And my experience of the technical support has been outstanding.

In other words, DJEP does pretty much everything a DJ will need, and want, it to do. And it's a fully inclusive business expense so it's tax deductible. For me, approx £13 pcm for the whole system is a no-brainer.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I think the plus with DJEP is that it does everything. It can handle quotes and availability checking. It can track a booking from enquiry stage right through to any post-event follow-up and evaluation. It handles accounting, finance and other business stats. It issues and tracks contracts. It works with you every step of the way and every one of those steps can be customised to suit your individual needs. Then there's the client portal where a client can make payments, chose their advance requests, see their booking details and communicate directly with you. It integrates fully and seamlessly with your own website. And my experience of the technical support has been outstanding.

In other words, DJEP does pretty much everything a DJ will need, and want, it to do. And it's a fully inclusive business expense so it's tax deductible. For me, approx £13 pcm for the whole system is a no-brainer.
    Sounds great. Thanks

Ive been using djep since the start of the year and its a game changer.

Takes a while to set up and get what you need in place but after that you're golden.

DJEP is a vey powerful tool. Used and set up correctly it'll save you hours of admin time and will streamline what you do. However it does take a bit of time setting up, it can look daunting at first but start setting it up bit by bit and as you go.

You'll soon get the hang of it.

DJI, I used to use it, but quickly found that I needed more features that DJEP provides. DJI is easier to set up though.

Personally, If you want to spend less admin time and auto emails, e-contracts, accounting, and much more - go DJEP. If you only want client tools, so clients can choose music etc then DJI.

Used to be a DJi user....used to be a DJEP user too but for the past 4 years have used DeckBooks and it's a very awesome UK-based alternative to DJEP with a fully responsive admin interface so perfect for use on the road.

Integrates with Paypal, Sagepay, Stripe and others for online payments and offers fully trackable emails, SMS messaging, etc etc. Take a look...

http://www.deckbooks.co.uk
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

Quote Originally Posted by ianforest View Post
    Used to be a DJi user....used to be a DJEP user too but for the past 4 years have used DeckBooks and it's a very awesome UK-based alternative to DJEP with a fully responsive admin interface so perfect for use on the road.

Integrates with Paypal, Sagepay, Stripe and others for online payments and offers fully trackable emails, SMS messaging, etc etc. Take a look...

http://www.deckbooks.co.uk
    Will do. Thanks