Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: September....

Default September....

September.... Not only a great track by Earth, Wind & Fire.
    September.... A friend of mine has a daughter called September (I know...strange BUT...I think it's better than Chelsea personally).

Anyway, September is when things are going to be changing big time for me as we have decided to re-locate.
    I've kept quiet about it but we've been planning it since January. We've bought a new place and we sold our place last Saturday.

I purposely didn't take any bookings on for September but have confirmed 2 today because it's likely to be mid-September before we get moving.

Oh!...sorry, I didn't mention where I am going...

Great Yarmouth! I have already been in touch with a number of suppliers there and will be meeting with them before September.
    I still have lots of stuff to do down here and have quite a few bookings for next year too.
    I don't expect to hit the ground running straight away but we're cool with that and we're covered. I will still be back here, especially in December when I will live here for the month and I am still going to take bookings down here until I break the chain when things are sorted up there.

So, anyone up that neck of the woods....I'll see you in September.

It's a big step but an exciting one and I'm looking forward to it!

Been there and enjoyed it. Once I have the funds I need I will start doing the necessary. I will also be looking at a new website for me and the missus too so web gurus give me some info (PM please).

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Good luck, Gary!

Cheers Benny!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    September.... Not only a great track by Earth, Wind & Fire.
    September.... A friend of mine has a daughter called September (I know...strange BUT...I think it's better than Chelsea personally).

Anyway, September is when things are going to be changing big time for me as we have decided to re-locate.
    I've kept quiet about it but we've been planning it since January. We've bought a new place and we sold our place last Saturday.

I purposely didn't take any bookings on for September but have confirmed 2 today because it's likely to be mid-September before we get moving.

Oh!...sorry, I didn't mention where I am going...

Great Yarmouth! I have already been in touch with a number of suppliers there and will be meeting with them before September.
    I still have lots of stuff to do down here and have quite a few bookings for next year too.
    I don't expect to hit the ground running straight away but we're cool with that and we're covered. I will still be back here, especially in December when I will live here for the month and I am still going to take bookings down here until I break the chain when things are sorted up there.

So, anyone up that neck of the woods....I'll see you in September.

It's a big step but an exciting one and I'm looking forward to it!
    Best of luck with your move Gary, im sure you are aware that Gt Yarmouth is not likely to produce the sort of bookings you are used to in Guildford / Basingstoke, no doubt you have factored this in.

I only mention this as we cover both areas for Barn Dance/ Line Dance/ Country and Western and without starting a pricing debate the availability of well paid work differs in my experience.

I've looked into all of that yes.
    Thanks for your input mate. I have contacted a number of suppliers in the area as I said and to be honest, I don't see the whole pricing debate / issue because from what I was hearing, people will still pay for quality no matter where it is and even though I am not priced in the higher range, what I was hearing was along the same lines as myself.

The other thing though (as I said earlier), is that I am more than prepared to keep hold of the venues that recommend me down here.
    At the end of the day it will be 3hrs 10m away from my current place. I've done the journey enough times when visiting the other half's family up there and it doesn't bother me at all. If I have bookings down here (which I will) then I can come down the day before and stay at my sisters (already agreed).

Of course eventually I want to do all of my work up there and that will come. I am not expecting it to happen overnight but eventually,

Good luck with all that Gary. Relocating is a major amount of 'fun'.. been there, done that fairly recently myself. Happy as we are here, NEVER AGAIN

Cheers! I couldn't go through all of this stress again so this is it for good for me.
    I've lived down here for 43 of my 48 years on this planet so it will be very hard to say goodbye to so many different friends but I do have my reasons for wanting to move and the pair of us can take our businesses anywhere really.

Really hope it all goes well for you.