Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Sultans of Ping FC - Where's Me Jumper

Default Sultans of Ping FC - Where's Me Jumper

Right, here goes.

Having been in to karaoke as long as I have, I've built up a considerable karaoke tracks library which includes a lot of rarer and hard to find tracks. I pride myself on my collection and also my ability to source tracks I don't already have.

Now last night I was doing a karaoke, standing in for the regular guy who was having a night off. This lad came up, sang Afroman Because I Got High and then the Shamen's Ebeneezer Goode and then asked to sing Where's Me Jumper. I didn't have it. In fact, I've nothing by Sultan's of Ping FC on karaoke. The lad is a bit disappointed as he always sings it. I apologize and say I'm using my own library so I've not got it. He tells me not to worry and could I play the original off his phone and he'll sing along to that? I tell him I've not got a spare channel on the mixer for his phone but I do have the original track (it's on my drive on the Moone Boy soundtrack album) so he's happy enough with that. Job done albeit a bit of botch job!

Now, this morning, I go to my go to sites for buying karaoke, search for Where's Me Jumper, and nothing. Zilch. So those sites don't have it either. I'm now wondering where the regular KJ got it from as the lad said he definitely has it as he sings it nearly week.

So, now it's over to you. Does anyone know if Where's Me Jumper by Sultan's Of Ping FC is on karaoke and, if so, what disc? Or if it's available online either to buy on disc or for download? I know this seems a bit much hassle for one song but it's possible I'll be going back to that venue as I'm now backup for the regular guy. And the lad that sang it did a fair few songs last night which meant I didn't have to! In fact, my voice died a sad and awful death on just my second song so I was glad I didn't need to sing anymore!!

As always, thanks in advance!
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

20 views so far but no replies. Hmm. I think that speaks volumes regarding this track on karaoke!!
    Dazzy D

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    20 views so far but no replies. Hmm. I think that speaks volumes regarding this track on karaoke!!
    Were I the bearer of glad tidings, I would have declared my findings from the rooftops. My hopes rose when I got a positive hit on Google, but they were cruelly dashed when it only turned out to be a waiting list for karaoke versions of particular songs on a karaoke site.

By your assertion that we have been disinterested in sourcing this track for a fellow member, you have compelled me to not only repudiate your claim, but highlight my own shortcomings.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I don't see that there was an assertion of disinterest. Just the unavailability of this track.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Were I the bearer of glad tidings, I would have declared my findings from the rooftops. My hopes rose when I got a positive hit on Google, but they were cruelly dashed when it only turned out to be a waiting list for karaoke versions of particular songs on a karaoke site.

By your assertion that we have been disinterested in sourcing this track for a fellow member, you have compelled me to not only repudiate your claim, but highlight my own shortcomings.
    Now Karaoke-Version is one of my "go to" sites and it wasn't on their karaoke suggestion list but on the "vocal version" wanted list. This means that it will be backing track only and no on-screen lyrics. This would do for my singer as he knows it all anyway but kind of defeats the object of having it on karaoke.

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    I don't see that there was an assertion of disinterest. Just the unavailability of this track.
    Exactly correct! I wasn't suggesting anyone was disinterested but, after 20 views and no replies, I got the impression that I wasn't the only one that didn't have this track!

I'm beginning to feel that the regular guy has it as a DIY job!
    Dazzy D

Born to make you party!

A great song from my youth...
    just ian
    Wedding DJ - DISCOfever

I'm back at the venue tonight where this track was requested and, I have to admit it, I've failed in the last 6 months to find it! Yet the regular guy there is adamant he has a version of it! But all my enquiries have drawn a blank.

Very strange.
    Dazzy D

Born to make you party!

Maybe he ripped it from youtube? Is loads of homemade karaoke tracks on there?
    Maidstone Based Professional Disco
    www.lasersounds.co.uk