Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Numark director usb stick size

Default Numark director usb stick size

Does anybody know what size usb memory stick this will read please, as I can't find a maximum size listed anywhere ?
    Last edited by Excalibur; 02-05-2016 at 09:06 AM. Reason: fixed typo

Quote Originally Posted by soundscapes View Post
    Does anybody know what size usb memory stick this will read please, as I can't find a maximum size listed anywhere ?
    It's designed for use with USB HDDs as much as USB sticks, so assume you can use just about any size you like. There may be limitations on the number of files & folders present .. e.g. 1000 tracks per folder

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    It's designed for use with USB HDDs as much as USB sticks, so assume you can use just about any size you like. There may be limitations on the number of files & folders present .. e.g. 1000 tracks per folder
    Exactly what I would have said/thought.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

It may be a case of suck it and see then, I was thinking of trying a 128gb memory stick

Quote Originally Posted by soundscapes View Post
    It may be a case of suck it and see then, I was thinking of trying a 128gb memory stick
    So long as it doesn't need more than 500mA current (and I don't see why it would) - and your file arrangement is compatible with the Director I can't see there being a problem.

But... I feel compelled to say the following because of my experience in testing storage devices for employers over the years:

You might think that IDE, SATA & USB (and even micro SD to some extent) are 'standard' right? Not quite. Oh no. Some manufacturers interpret specs in different ways & what can work fine on a PC may not work with something which also claims to follow the specs. It's been my experience that PCs don't always follow the rules, but device makers tend to go with 'well it works on a PC so it'll be fine'. I've spent too many an unhappy hour slaving over a hot bus analyser in my life. Just so you're aware

This is also claimed to be part of the reason Apple don't allow iDevice storage to be expanded. There's just no way of knowing for sure what's going to work & what isn't. Who wants to support that?