Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Another good reason not to use anything Apple

Quote Originally Posted by ianforest View Post
    Bizarre, I subscribed to Apple Music and none of my music was deleted/moved/uploaded.

Sounds like pilot error somewhere down the line if you ask me because what that blog describes is iTunes match...yet the blog reports it's Apple Music.

Apple Music is just like Spotify...and that's it.

iTunes Match goes through your library, matches it to songs already in the cloud, uploads the ones that aren't and makes them available on ALL of your devices. It doesn't actually delete anything.

Sounds like she/he did the match thing and somehow deleted all of their songs locally.
    I love iTunes Match been using it for years. the only cloud thing I use (other than my phone backup).
    So great to create a playlist on my laptop and have it on all my other devices.

Also means i don't need Produb.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I love iTunes Match been using it for years. the only cloud thing I use (other than my phone backup).
    So great to create a playlist on my laptop and have it on all my other devices.

Also means i don't need Produb.
    From what I remember of the original PRO DUB discussion on here back in the day--the belief was you needed Pro Dub UNLESS you downloaded directly on to ONE DEVICE.

SOOOO-if you copied your collection on to a back up hard drive you had to leave it at home to be legal.

Unless of course you only take your Laptop device to the gig--without back up ?

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K View Post
    From what I remember of the original PRO DUB discussion on here back in the day--the belief was you needed Pro Dub UNLESS you downloaded directly on to ONE DEVICE.

SOOOO-if you copied your collection on to a back up hard drive you had to leave it at home to be legal.

Unless of course you only take your Laptop device to the gig--without back up ?

Anyone?
    You are probably right.
    Just repeating what I heard from someone else.

I thought that if it was streamed from not downloaded then it wouther device and not require Produb.
    I have however download a few playlists on my iPad so that i would assume not count.

Its such an ill conceived plan, a bit like the TV licence these days. I was at the original conference when they unveiled the Produb with the directors etc. and it did not make sense then. I did feel sorry for them as it was a whole room full of DJ's with not a lot knowledge of why and how these measures were being enforced, so a lot of stupid questions.

We won't get into that though as its a PAT test thread.
    Last edited by yourdj; 05-05-2016 at 11:01 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

I remember years ago when a friend of mine had an iPod and he plugged it into his computer and iTunes set about messing everything up and ruined his music collection.

Old habits die hard I guess!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Is there a smug Linux user icon? Insert that here.

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    You are probably right.
    Just repeating what I heard from someone else.

I thought that if it was streamed from not downloaded then it wouther device and not require Produb.
    I have however download a few playlists on my iPad so that i would assume not count.

Its such an ill conceived plan, a bit like the TV licence these days. I was at the original conference when they unveiled the Produb with the directors etc. and it did not make sense then. I did feel sorry for them as it was a whole room full of DJ's with not a lot knowledge of why and how these measures were being enforced, so a lot of stupid questions.

We won't get into that though as its a PAT test thread.
    STREAM, DOWNLOAD, COPY.

Isnt it all information transfer as covered by PRO DUB?

Bizarre, I subscribed to Apple Music and none of my music was deleted/moved/uploaded.

Sounds like pilot error somewhere down the line if you ask me because what that blog describes is iTunes match...yet the blog reports it's Apple Music.

Apple Music is just like Spotify...and that's it.

iTunes Match goes through your library, matches it to songs already in the cloud, uploads the ones that aren't and makes them available on ALL of your devices. It doesn't actually delete anything.

Sounds like she/he did the match thing and somehow deleted all of their songs locally.
    Yep, that’s how I’m seeing it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymook View Post
    Yep, that’s how I’m seeing it as well.
    Oh crap.
    Seems the culprit may be the impossible to understand rules of Apple's service.

I still won't be using anything Apple if I can help it.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I remember years ago when a friend of mine had an iPod and he plugged it into his computer and iTunes set about messing everything up and ruined his music collection.

Old habits die hard I guess!
    Your friend would be well advised to do some basic reading FIRSTLY ON IPODS, its all out there on the net.

YOU NEVER plug an I pod into a computer unless its your host PC or YOU WANT YOUR IPOD COLLECTION WRECKED.

Otherwise the Ipod gets wiped and the host collection, however large or small of the PC gets put on your I pod.

Im not defending a stupid idea--however thats how it works folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Oh crap.
    Seems the culprit may be the impossible to understand rules of Apple's service.

I still won't be using anything Apple if I can help it.
    I think that some of the Apple operations--like wiping your i pod collection accidentally by connecting to a strange computer are not always logical or easy to follow.

HOWEVER having owned several Classic Ipod 160gb models and more recently the slimmer modern versions I find the product bullet proof mechanically even if the software for the old Classic a bit tricky for Syncing until you get the hang of it.

I tunes is not the best download service as I often cant find stuff I want in the Country and Western genre, however its not too bad.

Sooo-im not worried about buying Apple products--two I pads have been rock solid for a few years now.

The amalgamation of emails on I pad is brilliant--a pathetic attempt by Microsoft to copy this on Windows is laughable.