Hi all,

I have a few questions regarding websites.
As I will be relocating to a new area around late August / early September I thought it might be a good idea to finally get a professional website done.
I've always done my own with Dreamweaver and despite not really knowing the in's and out's of it, it has done me really well.

A couple of questions then...
Firstly, for the past 2 years I have had a free WIX account. I use it for a darts website for the league in Basingstoke as I am the secretary...
Anyway, as we know, technology has moved on quickly over the past few years and I find WIX very, very simple to use.

I was looking at the upgrades to a Pro account this morning so I could start the ball rolling as such and it says something like £7.76 per month which works out at £93.12 per year. Obviously that is an ongoing bill.

I am a bit lost with all of this stuff (hence the questions) so I don't know how designers work these days but I'll ask the questions as a numpty anyway...

What is the best bet?
Is it a DIY thing like WIX / GoDaddy or is it getting it designed properly by someone (recommendations please).
Do you pay a one off fee to a designer, get log in details so you can update the website yourself?

What happens with my domain name? Does it get transferred to the web designer and they host it?
Do you pay a fee everytime you need to update the website?

Told you I didn't have a clue really. I know exactly what I want to do and how I want it all to look which is why WIX is very simple for me.
It probably answers all of my questions too but I haven't had a look as yet.

Anyone understand any of that?