Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Book keeping/ Accounting software.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post

At the end of the year, I total it all up and then forward it onto the accountant. Not as in depth as a lot of you, I would imagine, but my accountant is more than happy with that process.
    I feel that we are singing from the same hymnsheet. It just needs Jeanette to loearn to use Excel, and that's a strong possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by mattydj50 View Post
    I'm an acknowledged whizz with Excel at work and I do three sets of accounts (mine, the wife's and stepdaughter's).

I've got all sorts of fancy tables, analyses and graphs on them at a touch of a button.

I'm also trained to NVQ Level 4 in accountancy which also has its benefits!
    Smartarse.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirits High View Post
    I use Quickbooks.

Does everything I need and you by the sounds of it. Tracks all the ins & outs from your bank account, does all the invoices, reports etc you could ever wish for and is available on a free (thought you'd like that bit) 30 day trial

http://www.intuit.co.uk/quickbooks-accounting-software/
    Thanks for that, we'll check that out.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I use Kashflow.

It's all done online, so you can access your accounts anywhere, is great for both invoices and expenses, and reconciles easily with the bank.

Plus it links up with a whole host of other online services. My favourite is ViaPost - I click print and it gets printed out somewhere, popped in an envelope and posted, without me doing anything!

Also integrates with online payment processors, and automatically registers payments received - has saved me loads of time.

http://kf.cm/1gYYE4s

And it's really cheap if you do less than 10 invoices per month.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Rule 15! Rule 15!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc J View Post
    Oops my apologies. Use this url instead: https://www.kashflow.com/

It seems like quickbooks, kashflow and quickfile offer the same type of service. So it comes down to how you like their interfaces and pricing:

Quickbooks = £6 per month (6 months discount, 1 month free)
    Kashflow = £5 per month
    Quickbooks = possibly free or £4.5 per month if your a "large business".

Either way I'd recommend these over excel just for time savings

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

If I can be brutally honest, you can't get much simpler than Excel. I've meddled with different programs from different jobs and Excel would be the way forward.

To save yourself the problems with the missus, why not introduce her to your accountant and let them train here, or at least give you advice on the basic book-keeping that could be done.

If all else fails, get a simple cashbook from WHSmiths

I kept on using my old copy of Sage 50 along with DJ Event Planner. Sage is way overkill for the tasks I need but I know the software well and it does what I want it to do so I stuck with it. I was considering switching to DJEP totally but I decided to keep doing what I was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post

There's a web/app-based book-keeping system been touted (I forget the name) & it looks fairly simples. A tenner a month or something though. Still, cheaper than buying a fresh copy of MS Office, innit?

There are loads of free office suites out there which, whilst they may not look as pretty, can rival MS Office for functionality. One of the best of most well known being Libre Office. Linky. This is a spin off from the OpenOffice project which I believe came to end a while ago.

As for a tenner a month being cheaper than MS Office, this is not the case. A monthly subscription to Office 365 costs just £7.99 per month and includes a lot of extras including free Skype minutes and cloud storage.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post
    I kept on using my old copy of Sage 50 along with DJ Event Planner. Sage is way overkill for the tasks I need but I know the software well and it does what I want it to do so I stuck with it. I was considering switching to DJEP totally but I decided to keep doing what I was doing.

There are loads of free office suites out there which, whilst they may not look as pretty, can rival MS Office for functionality. One of the best of most well known being Libre Office. Linky. This is a spin off from the OpenOffice project which I believe came to end a while ago.

As for a tenner a month being cheaper than MS Office, this is not the case. A monthly subscription to Office 365 costs just £7.99 per month and includes a lot of extras including free Skype minutes and cloud storage.
    +1 for the Office365 stuff. I've just signed up and it just works (even on iWossits).

Quote Originally Posted by DazzyD View Post

I use Libreoffice for all my admin stuff. I can even export PDF forms people can sign too. Not that it's happened yet... They always seem to print it out, sign, scan then email back. Heh