Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Which Moving Heads under £300? Anyone used the ADJ Inno Pocket Spot LZR?

Default Which Moving Heads under £300? Anyone used the ADJ Inno Pocket Spot LZR?

Im looking at purchasing a pair of moving heads for under £300 each to be used for weddings etc for small to medium sized venues either on a strong t bar or in time maybe truss plinths with an additional 2 moving heads at a later time.

At this stage what are your recommendations on what to buy? Ive been looking at the ADJ Inno Pocket range, particularly the Spot LZR and Z4 but any advice would be great

I live no where near a showroom so am having to do this over the internet!

Thanks in advance

Hello Gareth. Re your question, sorry I have no idea, in fact I would be interested in the answer myself.
    Dealers in your area, well I know we have one or two Welsh lads on here, so perhaps advice on that may be forthcoming.

Could I ask you please to pop over to the Newbies section and introduce yourself, it often helps us to get a picture of who we're conversing with, and can help us to tailor advice. Thanks.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

It all depends what you're trying to achieve Gareth.

Do you just want moving beams, or do you want gobo projection from them?

I have a brace of the InnoPocket Spots....they don't come out too often due to the fact that they're not actually that bright. I'm also rapidly turning into a "lampy"....the 250w halide scanners such as Wizards and Jaguar MSD's are far more suitable in my very humble opinion.

That said, I also own a pair of Stagg Headbangers. These are well within your budget and they're bright enough to damage retinas (in fact, I never run them at full brightness). The downside of these is that DMX control is essential as there's no inbuilt forward only facing program, so you end up with the lights shining on you and behind you for 50% of the time. They're also not intelligent enough to know where they're facing, so if they get moved for any reason, they end up out of sync with each other.