Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: BPM 2016

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

So what we're saying is that we'd like to see stuff similar to what we have now as opposed to being inspired by something that will probably not be achievable for most of us but could give us ideas to take those large scale concepts and introduce them on a much smaller scale to suit our needs and aspirations?

Ideas trickle down. From Theatres, to Clubs to the Mobile Disco and finally to the Bedroom DJ. It's better to get inspiration from the level above you because if you see ideas on a mobile rig, that means it's already been thought of, and probably a by a lot of people The Liteconsole with four plinths and moving heads wasn't as prevalent when I started using them as they are today, but they are the exact reason why I'm really starting to dislike that setup now as it's becoming the 'norm' (with some operators are doing it better than others). When I start to look at changing things up, I'll be taking my inspiration from Theatres and installations and trying to work out how I could introduce those concepts to the mobile rig.

Eyes ahead. Not sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Out of interest, do venues that traditionally NOT allow smoke machines/hazers allow a phantom hazer? Does it not set of smoke alarms, or does it get treated the same way as any other smoke machine?
    Any venues that are skeptical we give them a demo that if used correctly it will not set off a alarm,most people are amazed that they cant see or smell the haze but the cost is prohibitive for most mobiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    So what we're saying is that we'd like to see stuff similar to what we have now as opposed to being inspired by something that will probably not be achievable for most of us but could give us ideas to take those large scale concepts and introduce them on a much smaller scale to suit our needs and aspirations?

Ideas trickle down. From Theatres, to Clubs to the Mobile Disco and finally to the Bedroom DJ. It's better to get inspiration from the level above you because if you see ideas on a mobile rig, that means it's already been thought of, and probably a by a lot of people The Liteconsole with four plinths and moving heads wasn't as prevalent when I started using them as they are today, but they are the exact reason why I'm really starting to dislike that setup now as it's becoming the 'norm' (with some operators are doing it better than others). When I start to look at changing things up, I'll be taking my inspiration from Theatres and installations and trying to work out how I could introduce those concepts to the mobile rig.

Eyes ahead. Not sideways.
    Brilliant reply just how i feel and run my outfit and it has seen me right for 50 years.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 15-09-2016 at 04:49 PM. Reason: merged posts

Rather late to the party with this one
    Location - loved it
    BPM as a show (Ive done 3 or 4 over the last few years) struggled with this one, not sure if it was because we didnt get there till late (had to drop my boys back to their mum then the M1 was shut) but found it lacking 'something'.
    A few of the companies who used to have a lot of square footage only had small stands (Lamba being one) and because we rushed to get around it all before closing my goodie bag was severely lacking
    Personally I preferred the Sat/Sun old slot rather than the Sun/Mon/Tues

it was outstanding and thanks to this website for making me aware of the event