Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BPM 2016

Default BPM 2016

According to this Sunday 11th, Monday 12th, and Tuesday 13th.

Seems like tickets go on sale 1st June. Big problem now is agreeing on the best hotel. After the events of last year, something in the city centre is a must. Andy and Shaun got a good one, albeit with minor parking issues.

For the first time in years I'm not working South of here on the Saturday, so I'll have to give my travel arrangements some thought.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

I'll be in the VIP area consuming copious amounts of Peroni.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Smyth View Post
    I'll be in the VIP area consuming copious amounts of Peroni.
    Well switch your ing phone on this time then. And make sure that it has some way of alerting you to a call other than you hearing it ringing.

After last year's fiasco/embarrassment/escapades/taxi drivers I'm going for a hotel in town. This one is looking promising, as there's a car park nearby which is tall enough for low roof transits, Fiveways car park, apparently.

Ahhh but can we all agree on which day is best? Probably best to arrange to go when I'm not there

I remember reading there's going to be a Mobile DJ Network Show for us in the Norf, but can't seem to find a link to it on the book of faces.

I shall be attending on the Monday, using the facilities provided by Arriva Cross Country Trains.

If memory serves me correct I had a room at the Travelodge on Broad street for about £40 last year.

I've got a wedding on the Sunday night so will likely only attend if a few of us will be there on the Monday. Interesting it doesn't take place on the Saturday now so will Sunday just be mega busy?
    The Cheltenham Wedding DJ
    www.cheltenhamweddingdj.co.uk

DDWES Event Hire

www.ddwes.co.uk

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Well switch your ing phone on this time then. And make sure that it has some way of alerting you to a call other than you hearing it ringing.
    I was in no fit state last year, so you probably lucked out. I was supposed to cover BPM for a website article but as soon as I saw free beer, that went out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    If memory serves me correct I had a room at the Travelodge on Broad street for about £40 last year.
    Well, after checking with someone who stayed there last year, I've booked a room at Birmingham Central Travelodge just now for £28. Parking nearby for about £6.50, and Transits fit in.

Quote Originally Posted by DeckstarDeluxe View Post
    . Interesting it doesn't take place on the Saturday now so will Sunday just be mega busy?
    For years there's been an outcry that DJs work on a Saturday night, and why can't we have it midweek? I think they're responding to this by moving it all along one day. Logically, Sunday will indeed be busy, and it will be interesting to see how Monday and Tuesday compare. I can see many DJs arriving Sunday and staying overnight, but adding another night to allow a visit on Tuesday, well that seems less likely to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    For years there's been an outcry that DJs work on a Saturday night, and why can't we have it midweek? I think they're responding to this by moving it all along one day. Logically, Sunday will indeed be busy, and it will be interesting to see how Monday and Tuesday compare. I can see many DJs arriving Sunday and staying overnight, but adding another night to allow a visit on Tuesday, well that seems less likely to me.

Then, of course, there's the other side of the coin, with many DJs also having day jobs, so can't necessarily go on Monday or Tuesday. I am fortunately able take a day's leave to attend and have the luxury of beiung able to get a train virtually door to door (for free too). The Monday also happens to be my birthday, so if I spend too much cash there I won't feel quite as bad as I'm only buying my own present aren't I.

I'm working on my birthday again this year so I think I owe myself a leetle (partly) tax deductible trip away. 6.50 for all day parking & a room that price, plus bus to the NEC & back would make it way cheaper than staying out of town & parking at the NEC. That's even neglecting the 20 something quid taxi ride back to the WRONG hotel. We shoulda walked it