Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: BPM 2016

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    That a yamaha, rcf, kv2 etc sounded like utter crap compared to a 250 quid speaker
    And was that a particular speaker or just £250 speakers generally ?

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Next year will be my BPM drinking day, although Toby wisely waited till I was a hundred miles away before offering to buy me one. Having factored in travel costs, it would still have been only marginally more costly than the Merlot.

No problem Justin, us Southerners from Yorkshire aren't offended by that at all.

Better options than free Lager were available elsewhere.

Some of us who stayed in the city centre managed to cut it out altogether as well.

The little IMG was a revelation. The volume levels and tone setting rules were the same as they always are, it shows how much some of the rigs depend on " outside help ".

How many more times? 19th February ( Subject to confirmation. )
    Great to meet you Wayne, Dave says next year he'll just ride in the Transit, it's less scary. ( Mind you, he wasn't steering it when I backed out of that last corner after trying to keep up with your go kart. Even if I'd kept it on the road, I don't think the kit would still have stayed inside. )
    John says he'll happily have a seat though if there's one going. Said he enjoyed chatting with you.

See you at Coalville 19th February It's possible to do an overnight there as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Disco View Post
    And was that a particular speaker or just £250 speakers generally ?
    Img stageline PAK-412 I believe

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    The pa experience area is about the size of a smallish function room - actually about the size of the biggest room at my residency.

The differences I spotted were in quality of output not decibels. Apparently they're all lined up to output 100dB with all their processing turned off (as much as is possible via panel controls anyway).

That a yamaha, rcf, kv2 etc sounded like utter crap compared to a 250 quid speaker I think questions need to be asked. It may well be that it genuinely IS better sounding to many but by the same benchmark I've heard the Evox perform much better than it did that day. The dxr12 sounded utterly awful like it was bottoming out - not what any speaker in its class should be like at all.

As for the lighting... The show is about a lot more than mobile DJs. Indeed again, none of the mobile lighting stood out for me. The current vogue for tumbling effects of no real substance is troubling. What I believe to be ADJ's best bang for buck effect the Quad Phase HP was very conspicuous by its absence. I had to check their current catalogue to see if it's still in production (it is btw, phew!). Oh look, one of those puny gobo cross things! Oh and another but with a cluster built in. Oh look another but with a subpar jellydome bolted on! MEH.

Img opened my eyes to their take on the inno pocket range though. A diddy little scanner with 12W cree led, separate colour & gobo wheels for 115 quids?! Bright enough for the gobos to be seen on the hall ceiling (just mind) too.
    The Kam Gobostar is really rated my your local supplier Phase one and there very cheap,very good value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    The Kam Gobostar is really rated my your local supplier Phase one and there very cheap,very good value for money.
    Yeah I know but I've seen one. Not much cop compared to a Quad Phase HP IMHO. Maybe good for dark rooms but when I put my washes on a room is anything but that.

Everyone seems to be raving about it, but I can't stand it. It would suit a small pub, but I can't see any other use for it.

The only time I would be interested is if the gobos were of ghosts, witches and ghouls and it was a Halloween themed product!

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Everyone seems to be raving about it, but I can't stand it. It would suit a small pub, but I can't see any other use for it.

The only time I would be interested is if the gobos were of ghosts, witches and ghouls and it was a Halloween themed product!
    Yes everybody is raving about it including the public who book us ,perhaps its time we listen to our customers and stop making preconceptions ,incidentally it has been our most popular item in our hire range over the last 6 weeks so i am happy as they have already paid for themselves.

I'll give it these concessions. It's cheap, it's not dotty & even on s2l it's not annoyingly batcack crazy. There.

Yes everybody is raving about it
    Clearly that's an inaccurate statement, as mentioned, I'm not raving about it...

just been looking at youtube vids from the show and looks like they've got piles of smoke going on for the lighting. Think I'll offer to hire them my phantom hazer for next year!

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    just been looking at youtube vids from the show and looks like they've got piles of smoke going on for the lighting. Think I'll offer to hire them my phantom hazer for next year!
    Maybe time for a mobile DJ version of BPM that's more realistic...

- Sound limiter in place (max of 87db)
    - No smoke or haze permitted
    - Everything must be set up within 1 hour, and the guy opening the centre will be running late
    - Oh, and there's a flight of metal fire escape stairs that all the suppliers need to bring the equipment in via...