Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: BPM 2016

Was nice to meet a few of the members over the weekend
    Andy P
    Disco Couture

www.discocouture.co.uk
    www.facebook.com/discocouture

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post
    Clearly that's an inaccurate statement, as mentioned, I'm not raving about it...
    But you dont count,you are not a customer who pays the money.

Quote Originally Posted by musicology View Post
    just been looking at youtube vids from the show and looks like they've got piles of smoke going on for the lighting. Think I'll offer to hire them my phantom hazer for next year!
    Noe thats what i call a proper hazer.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 14-09-2016 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    But you dont count,you are not a customer who pays the money.

Maybe time for a mobile DJ version of BPM that's more realistic...

- Sound limiter in place (max of 87db)
    - No smoke or haze permitted
    - Everything must be set up within 1 hour, and the guy opening the centre will be running late
    - Oh, and there's a flight of metal fire escape stairs that all the suppliers need to bring the equipment in via...

- Everything must be set up within 1 hour, and the guy opening the centre will be running late
    - Oh, and there's a flight of metal fire escape stairs that all the suppliers need to bring the equipment in via...
    It was my first ever BPM and I did come away wondering why they can't split it down just a little bit further, i.e. separate the mobile and install stuff.
    An awful lot of the lighting was clearly aimed at installations (hence the X-Factor type trussing all over the ceilings). Some of the moving heads were akin to medieval cannons in size and when I asked about the price of the laser that was projecting across the room I nearly had a heart attack! It would have maybe been nice for some of the kit to be set up in a more realistic mobile situation (i.e. on an "average" sized mobile rig).

Just about every lighting stand had haze going, which really brought out the best in the lights. It's a shame the manufacturers can't bring out some sort of haze which could potentially be used anywhere without setting of alarms.

Got to admit though....by the end of Monday when I left my throat felt like I'd inhaled a heck of a lot of haze

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    It was my first ever BPM and I did come away wondering why they can't split it down just a little bit further, i.e. separate the mobile and install stuff.
    An awful lot of the lighting was clearly aimed at installations (hence the X-Factor type trussing all over the ceilings). Some of the moving heads were akin to medieval cannons in size and when I asked about the price of the laser that was projecting across the room I nearly had a heart attack! It would have maybe been nice for some of the kit to be set up in a more realistic mobile situation (i.e. on an "average" sized mobile rig).

Just about every lighting stand had haze going, which really brought out the best in the lights. It's a shame the manufacturers can't bring out some sort of haze which could potentially be used anywhere without setting of alarms.

Got to admit though....by the end of Monday when I left my throat felt like I'd inhaled a heck of a lot of haze
    Buy a Phantom Hazer problem solved,but the cost ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    Buy a Phantom Hazer problem solved,but the cost ouch!
    Out of interest, do venues that traditionally NOT allow smoke machines/hazers allow a phantom hazer? Does it not set of smoke alarms, or does it get treated the same way as any other smoke machine?

Most venues which already disallow smoke & haze will not change their minds on the say so of a DJ who rocks up with a different kind of haze machine.

You can protest that the particle size is 100 times smaller all you like but all it means is it takes more of it to trigger an optical detector. It's more than their job's worth to bend their own rules so they don't.

The more enlightened venues disable zones where it's possible but how many of those are there?

With regard to BPM, the majority of hazing I saw was from fazers - smoke machines with big fans. Even ADJs new machine seems to be one of those & the ones in the Chauvet arena appeared to be working on the same principle.

And all the power shuts of at EXACTLY the appointed finish time, with the house lights coming on full. Then you have 10 minutes to pack up and leave, with a 138 year old caretaker tut tutting everytime he thinks you are not going fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by mattydj50 View Post
    And all the power shuts of at EXACTLY the appointed finish time, with the house lights coming on full. Then you have 10 minutes to pack up and leave, with a 138 year old caretaker tut tutting everytime he thinks you are not going fast enough.
    Add to that the fact that everybody who asks for music is leaving in 5 minutes, or throws a strop when something they don't like comes on

It's only an 8 hour day but all the staff are given 20 hour playlists to get through. Oh & during loadin & loadout it's absolutely mashing it down. The rest of the time it's lovely outside & that's where everyone goes.