Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cloud Servers

Default Cloud Servers

I am starting to make initial enquiries and research into getting a cloud server instead of having each of my websites hosted individually.

Anyone have any experience and can point out the pros and cons, and have any recommendations of who to go with ? One thing I have no experience about is the control panel used for a server, so again any pointers are welcome.

I will point out I am rubbish with computers and have little interest in learning so may be better to stick with hosting, however I have recently found the benefits of wordpress and have a few domain names sitting doing nothing hence why the interest in a server.
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

I use TSO hosts. I am no expert but came recommended from several sources.
    Miles better than the expensive, but reasonably crap service I had before.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I use TSO hosts.
    I second that. Have been with them for a few years. Plus they have been acquiring quite a few other reasonably sized hosting providers, so they're not going anywhere by the looks of things!

Great value for money, rock solid hosting that hasn't caused me any issues, and great support.

Can't ask for any more!

Quote Originally Posted by yourdj View Post
    I use TSO hosts. I am no expert but came recommended from several sources.
    Miles better than the expensive, but reasonably crap service I had before.
    Do you have a cloud server or just have sites individually hosted ?

I think what you mean Chris isn't Cloud as such. What I reckon you're talking about is a server you hire which can host multiple sites. You look after them all from one place - a fancy control panel thingy.

Replacing several hosting companies with just one makes sense. Keeping them all on the same server looked after by the same account control panel probably isn't that bad an idea either. One bill. One login to administer them all.

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    Do you have a cloud server or just have sites individually hosted ?
    Go with their reseller account - great price and will do everything you need it to do.

https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting/reseller-hosting

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    I think what you mean Chris isn't Cloud as such.

If we wanted to be pedantic, all web hosting is "cloud" - and has been since before the term cloud appeared!
    Last edited by Excalibur; 25-05-2016 at 03:59 AM. Reason: merged posts

Quote Originally Posted by rth_discos View Post

If we wanted to be pedantic, all web hosting is "cloud" - and has been since before the term cloud appeared!
    That's exactly what I was thinking. If it's on the internet, it's in the "cloud".

I have all my sites hosted in one place with GoDaddy and they're my domain registrar, too, so everything is nice and easy. The Control Panel is dead simple and offers one-click-installation apps to make things even easier.
    Dazzy D
    Lightning Disco & Entertainment

Born to make you party!

The OP needs to clarify what it is he's wanting...."Cloud" has come to mean anything on / over then internet, which obviously all websites are.

Some people might refer to "Cloud" as multiple locations with load balancing etc...or a CDN (Content Delivery Network)...

But I think in this case the OP is looking at either a reseller account or a VPS, probably a reseller account. A lot of hosts now refer to their VPS offerings as "Cloud", so that may be what's put that in your head....but I think a reseller option is probably better suited to your needs (unless you have many, many sites, or massive visitor numbers / resource usage).

My advice - look for something with WHM / cPanel.

Yeah I think it is a reseller account I maybe need - all it is for is I have 3 active websites, but have about a dozen domain names I might as well do something with. My son also dabbles about with websites and has 3 domains on the go. I though it would be easier to find something I could lump it all on to host myself, rather than paying, and the hassle, of finding a host for each site.

For what it's worth, and some love 'em, some hate 'em - I'm with FastHosts (aka UKReg) for all but one of my sites (the other being hosted by AMPUK).

I use the Momentum package and I've got three live domains on there (plus other domain names pointing to them), plus they handle all of the registration, email and the like. I pay around £100 a year for all of this, and haven't had any major issues in around 10 years of being with them for various projects.

Reseller accounts is something I'm looking into at the moment though......might have a quick look at TSOHost before my eyes weld themselves shut for the night.