Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Powered speakers-What are yours?

Default Powered speakers-What are yours?

Looking at getting something new. Ideally powered speakers that only require a sub for the larger venue. So.........;

What make are your powered speakers and why do you love them?

Well the ones which see most use are Proel V15A, simply because they manage quite happily without a sub, they're relatively light, and have handles on the top. Also, they're pretty loud.

If I'm using subs, then it's usually 12" LD Stingers.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

I use the Yamaha DXR 12's. Nice and light and fabulous sounding. Also very flexible with the multiple inputs/mini-mixer on the back.
    http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/pro...12/?mode=model

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

A pair of RCF 712a for my tops. Clear, loud, pretty light and just fantastic overall.

For subs, it's a pair of RCF 905a.

My main speakers are RCF Evox 8 - benefit is you carry a top and bass bin in each hand as the combination weighs similar to most powered tops and the top speaker stores in the bass bin.

Admittedly I personally think a pair of decent tops and bins would blow these out the water but they are so practical it saves a lot of time and carrying, and have never been in a situation where I needed more - although I do mainly small/medium venues. When I used a normal bin/top combination most the time I left the bins in the van (admittedly out of pure laziness largely )
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Thanks so far guys

Alto ts215's. Dont think you will beat them as far as bang for buck goes, really punchy plenty of throw and even drew compliments from some pro singers at the weekend

RCF HD12a tops. Quality sound, light (only 17kg), bass down to 45hz and 130 SPL.

If needed, one or two RCF 902 subs, only 27kg and 129 SPL.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopd View Post
    Looking at getting something new. Ideally powered speakers that only require a sub for the larger venue. So.........;

What make are your powered speakers and why do you love them?
    Larger Venue--that might need some clarification

Town Hall with 50 foot ceiling maybe-did one of those in January-if you get my drift.

I don't personally use powered--might be buying the highly recommended Yamaha sub though soon.

My son has small Altos and I think they sound pretty good--although his colleague thinks his FBT are much better and are the dogs .............

Really it's a cost exercise, YAMAHA, EV RCF and BOSE are also RESPECTED NAMES AT HIGHER COST.

As the ORACLE in Yorkshire failed to point out his favourite expression--here it is--

LISTEN BEFORE YOU BUY

If I'm not using subs then my pair of mighty DXR15's will cope with most venues without even breaking sweat (including a couple of open air gigs last year). Put 'emon the floor if on a stage and there's no need to even consider subs.

If using subs (and indeed my weapons of choice), then the combo of DSR112's and DXR8's have to be heard to be believed. I still can't believe such a tiny cone can produce such power, even after using them for the past 6 months.