Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Powered speakers-What are yours?

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    One or the other or both! Just depends on how it's all been designed. Take a Mackie Thump for example.. they've got underrated drivers, underrated power supply & underrated amplifier components.. and let's not even mention the inadequate heatsinking. or FBT.. some of them don't spend longer than 5 minutes out of the box & they explode

EDIT: Ah but FBT's customer service is second to none. Exploded speakers get fixed in double quick time. So they get +1 point for that
    I have been running 3 FBT systems for a number of years no problem,i dont think you should comment on a make of speaker so flippantly, just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    One or the other or both! Just depends on how it's all been designed. Take a Mackie Thump for example.. they've got underrated drivers, underrated power supply & underrated amplifier components.. and let's not even mention the inadequate heatsinking.
    I had thumps as my first speakers... I'm not a super loud DJ but they were a joke! Red light coming on all the time, maybe they could have been pushed but I wasn't interested! They may have lasted 4 gigs at most before selling.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Apparently so. We gave the man from Peavey some stick when the red lights started flashing on his demo cab at low volume levels. He too said it wasn't a fault, it just meant the system was working correctly.
    We were sceptical.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattydj50 View Post
    Man from Peavey, he tell me the same. I've regularly run my H12's with the red lights flashing and had no problem.

Wood. Touch.
    Mayhap, but I work on the same principle as this well regarded and successful professional sound engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    I have been running 3 FBT systems for a number of years no problem,i dont think you should comment on a make of speaker so flippantly, just my opinion.
    And I ran QTX cabs with no issues for a time. For every person who believes something is there will be someone who thinks they're the best thing since sliced bread.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Mayhap, but I work on the same principle as this well regarded and successful professional sound engineer.

And I ran QTX cabs with no issues for a time. For every person who believes something is there will be someone who thinks they're the best thing since sliced bread.
    The difference is you have owned and run QTX cabs so i respect your opinion ,i run over £ 10.000 worth of FBT systems and they are one of the most respected systems in Europe so scaremongering on hearsay is pointless in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    The difference is you have owned and run QTX cabs so i respect your opinion ,i run over £ 10.000 worth of FBT systems and they are one of the most respected systems in Europe so scaremongering on hearsay is pointless in my opinion.
    They are indeed a well respected brand, no question. It did however take about five years for me to hear anything from them which impressed me, and they were a budget offering. At Coalville, my LD rig followed FBT rigs costing thousands of pounds more, and I thought mine blew them away. I was not alone in this view.

As we always say, sound is a personal thing, I can name forum members whose match mine, and as many whose are diametrically opposed.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

It's fair to say that even in light of catastrophic failures some FBT fans remain so. I don't think I could be as charitable if it ever happened to me. The anecdotes I've heard are from people who remain FBT users & I count a friend of mine among them.

Yes new designs are sometimes affected by problems & the manufacturer may choose to fix them as & when they appear instead of recalling product. I wouldn't blame anyone for that. In all reported cases the problems have been fixed in amazingly short time. How long would it take a Yamaha or EV rep to react I wonder?

Rockit 6. Top Speakers!

QX12A 12" ACTIVE SPEAKERS 400 watt rms - use these most of the time

DB Tecnologies DVX P215 1000 Watt for big rig

I sold my real big PA system of about 4 yeas ago as most people who book me PA is suplied
    new website domain name... http://www.dejavuroadshow.tk/