Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Links

Default Links

Just read Richies post about links to website.

Is there a particular way to get Google to see the links you create from other sites. With all three of my sites, especially the wifes chocolate fountain, when you use the link:http// command in Google it only shows one, maybe two sites, but I have popped links on many many more than that.

Anyone know why Google doesn't see them and what I need to do to solve that?

Is the sit you can't see a new one?

I believe Google "sandbox" new sites until they are sure of content etc
    Steve Mad, bad & dangerous to know www.corabar.co.uk
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Quote Originally Posted by Corabar Steve View Post
    Is the sit you can't see a new one?

I believe Google "sandbox" new sites until they are sure of content etc
    Not at all, it's been an issue for ages. Take my site, www.revelationroadshow.co.uk it's listed in lots of places - UK-Disco for example, but if you pop links:http://www.revelationroadshow.co.uk into Google, all I get is
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

I get the same, only pages from my own site and MDD come up with that search, even though i'm linked from loads of others.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Are you guilty of keyword stuffing or anything else that would cause them to drop you?

Remember the cheats are a great way of getting on search engines but they are also quickest ways of getting kicked off
    Better to study for one hour with the wise, than to drink wine with the foolish.
    The opinions of Corabar Steve are not necessarily those of Corabar Entertainment, or any of its subsidiaries

Worcestershire, West Midlands/Cotswolds Border

You've misunderstood Steve, its not that he's not listed on google, its just that it doesn't show all the sites that link to him when using the link:URL search on Google.
    DJs, PA, Lighting & AV Hire, LED Uplighting & Wedding Lighting, Dance Floor Hire, Starcloth & Room Decor - Covering the Midlands & Cotswolds.
    Revolution Event Services Ltd - Wedding Lighting
    01386 898 113

Now that is odd, do all the links work?

All links work fine.

I have had issues with Google not liking my site (so to speak), you may remember the "woolfie" conversations a while ago, so that particular site doesn't get "cached" any more. But the links problem is exactly the same with my other two sites (which are working a caching fine on Google):

www.suffolkdj.co.uk
    www.addicted2chocolate.co.uk

Any thoughts?

OK,

So if I do the Link: thing with the addicted2chocolate.co.uk site, Google says there are no results. However if I then just typw www.addicted2chocolate.co.uk into Google I get this:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Rice, in my ignorance of these matters---do you think is this losing you a lot of enquiries?

I have just launched a new site so am interested in things like this--

Re keywords stuffing -I have lots of that on my sites--as well as useful information scripts which contain keywords many times as well--but still get constant Google rankings--are we talking about hidden text maybe as a Google no no ?

Regards

CRAZY K