Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gypsy Wedding

Quote Originally Posted by keith View Post
    A few years back, I was booked to DJ at a "birthday party" in a sports bar.

As I was playing background music a Bride and Groom walked in and told me they forgot to say it was a wedding and "sure its cheaper now". I am based in Northern Ireland and knew it was Travellers straight away.

The Night went like this:
    - Took Payment
    - First Dance
    - 30 mins of dancing
    - 1st Karaoke song "dancing queen". Half way through dancing queen the families decide that it would be fun to fight and so a mass brawl unfolded to the backing track of dancing queen.
    - Bar staff break up the fights and throw everyone out apart from 3 people
    - The remaining 3 people decide that it would be fun to steal all the bottles of sprits from the bar whilst the staff deal with the fight...
    - Police arrive
    - I Give police a statement
    - I Pack down my gear and go home

Luckily I got my payment before the gig started. And that was my experience of a Gypsy Wedding.

Keith
    Hello Keith, nice to have your account of such a function. Not a million miles from what some of us have experienced over here.

Could I ask you please to pop across to the Newbies section and introduce yourself there, we're a nosey lot, and like to know who we're typing to. Thanks.
    Last edited by Excalibur; 04-11-2016 at 10:38 PM.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk