Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Need some new wheels?

Threaded View

Default Need some new wheels?

I need a new car/MPV as my wifes one is on its way out (Zafira B).

Not sure what to get. i also have a Zafira B (design w the sport button) and its an excellent car, but am looking about for a new car of some sort as a DJ wagon, but also for the kids and dogs? Just wondering what your recommendations would be for the following:

1: Needs to be low to the ground. Zafira if fine. I would love a Range rover, but its just too high.
    2: Needs at least 5 seats, but the ability to store all my kit. Zafira seats are awesome as they slide forward to the front.
    3: Needs to look nice and fit in at a stately home or similar.
    4: Not a van, or anything requiring van insurance.
    5: Budget about 2-5k as I am saving up for a house, but could be a bit more??
    6: needs to fit a 1.5m flight case so need length and depth for that.

I think estates would be nice, but something along the lines of a transporter may be more practical and have the required space. If I go down that route then perhaps an MPV that can be used for mini holidays would be a nice option for family life. I can then buy my wife an estate for personal use. One question: would a long wheel base be a pain to park, or would a shorter one be better?? I do like the MPV's with the front cab and back section as that can be waterproofed out for the dogs. I thought about getting an ex surfy mobil for this use. Kids in the front bit, dogs/gear in the back.

I could just keep the zafira (as its a good car), sell the other one (wifes zafira) and buy an estate at the same value and be better off for it??
    In an ideal world something along the lines of this although I guess it will cost quite a bit.

Name:  vw-transporter-van-swb-diesel_34754333.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  80.2 KB

Name:  901979_RP-C-Class-Estate-30-of-83.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  83.1 KB

Thanks.
    Last edited by yourdj; 03-07-2016 at 02:26 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/