Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Need some new wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Hang on. This is confusing. Goods vehicles under 7.5T are 50, 60, 70 on single, dual and motorway respectively. That's interesting, as I thought ( wrongly, apparently ) that motorways and dual carriageways were the same. Seems I can travel at 70 on a motorway.

According to what I can find, the magic figure is two tonnes Max GVW. , ie fully loaded. Seems all Transits ( including Tourneos, which is another area of confusion ) are in the same class.

There is another interesting pitfall also. When your little van is first registered, it may be listed simply as a van, as opposed to car derived van. Thus, two identical vehicles can have different speed limits!

At least having read the rules again, it seems I can do 70 on the motorways after all.

Please don't take this as the definitive answer, but a government site is good enough for me.
    My solution is easier - use a van that struggles to get past 50 and you'll be fine lol
    Semi-Retired Multi Award Winning DJ

www.ultimateweddingdj.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ppentertainments View Post
    My solution is easier - use a van that struggles to get past 50 and you'll be fine lol
    Oh my friend, I have been there, etc, etc. White LDV ran at 50 ( and took an age to get there ) Green one had a 10% speed increase and a bigger engine. Heady days. I always used to like 50mph stretches on motorways, as I kept up with traffic then.

Now, I'm just a born again boy racer.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

My current vehicle interest is towards getting a hi-top... My back is not happy and my recent decision to buy a couple of dance floors makes it ever obvouis how annoying low tops are with heavy equipment!

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD