Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: Virtual DJ and iTunes

Default Virtual DJ and iTunes

Hi folk, I need some help.

I have taken on the task of updating the metadata on my iTunes library, especially the year of release, for each track. My aim is for the year to appear in VDJ and to be able to search accordingly.

After hours of tapping and google searching, I am about half way through.

My issue is though, is that at last nights gig, I noticed that in VDJ the year on the tracks I had adjusted in iTunes has not changed in VDJ, even when the track has been loaded or "reanalysed".

Help please.

Quote Originally Posted by DJColsie View Post
    Hi folk, I need some help.

I have taken on the task of updating the metadata on my iTunes library, especially the year of release, for each track. My aim is for the year to appear in VDJ and to be able to search accordingly.

After hours of tapping and google searching, I am about half way through.

My issue is though, is that at last nights gig, I noticed that in VDJ the year on the tracks I had adjusted in iTunes has not changed in VDJ, even when the track has been loaded or "reanalysed".

Help please.
    Perhaps consider using a different Music manager than I tunes?

I have just tried to install I tunes and I can't do it on Windows 10.

A reinstall on Windows 7 has also failed.

The latest version must have bugs and I don't have time to read all the suggested ways of getting round the problem suggested in various articles on the net.

Really crazy--never had a problem--so I'm sorting a new Music Manager to run my iPods which are excellent.

The playout software I use won't let me alter tags in files - only in its own database so I use mp3tag. Get it right & never let anything update the info. Automatic info filling is great sometimes (for current stuff mostly) but otherwise - I'm not at all interested in when a particular compilation was released - only when the track was released - which is why the likes of MusicBrainz is useless to me.

I'm in the middle of going through my entire library (or a copy of it anyway) sorting out things like removing duplicates.

Have you looked to see if VDJ has a 'reload track metadata' option to re-read the info from tags?

Got it sorted.

Have to change the tag in VDJ, which seemed to have picked up the changes in iTunes and recommend the new figure but not installed it.

Thumbs up

Sweet this is something i have been trying to do for ages

Silly question but in iTunes > advanced preferences is "Share iTunes Library XML with other applications" checked?

Apparently it's something they've changed in v12 of iTunes and caught me for a little while.

I have same problem .. Virtual DJ wont load up Itunes.... I have ticked the share box in Itunes on advanced options but still wont work.. Any help please???? Thanks