Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: What lights do I buy?

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    He's virtually on my doorstep & I love going to the shop. Sometimes the price you pay isn't what they show on the website Nathan is who I see there the most. He's class too.

See also - that's the shop which talked me out of buying 2x LED PARs to backlight my booth screen thing & into buying a WashFX. Trust is a rare thing for me to place in a vendor, and I'd trust the Phase One staff with the keys to my house.
    The old shop was great for me as I used to dash up to Darlington on the train after work (making use of my free travel). It used to give me just enough time to go in and have a browse and chat and, if necessary, part with some pennies (usually a lot of them), and go back on the train. If trhe item was on the large size, they would gladly pack it up and send it to me.

I still use Phase One but sadly, the location of the new shop isn't "railway" freindly for me.

Well, done my first gig last night using a pair of ADJ Quad phase Hp's, the Chauvet wash FX, the Kam Gobostar and the KAM Mooglow for behind the 4 screen/facade. Everyone loved the setup so I'm happy that everyone was happy

The Quads were so bright and would like to thank the people on here who suggested them, the pair of them wasn't too much as they filled the whole venue including the side walls. I had the Gobostar in the middle which provided a good effect for the middle of the dance floor so thanks to the person that mentioned that too. I turned off the Wash FX as I didn't need it but I think its a great light and I'm sure it will come in useful for other events or up-lighting if I purchase some more maybe.

Thanks to everyone else for your input as I learnt a good deal from you and I haven't ruled out some of the other lights that have been suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    Well, done my first gig last night using a pair of ADJ Quad phase Hp's, the Chauvet wash FX, the Kam Gobostar and the KAM Mooglow for behind the 4 screen/facade. Everyone loved the setup so I'm happy that everyone was happy

The Quads were so bright and would like to thank the people on here who suggested them, the pair of them wasn't too much as they filled the whole venue including the side walls. I had the Gobostar in the middle which provided a good effect for the middle of the dance floor so thanks to the person that mentioned that too. I turned off the Wash FX as I didn't need it but I think its a great light and I'm sure it will come in useful for other events or up-lighting if I purchase some more maybe.

Thanks to everyone else for your input as I learnt a good deal from you and I haven't ruled out some of the other lights that have been suggested.
    Sounds like you had a great night! Any pictures?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by daniel3679 View Post
    Sounds like you had a great night! Any pictures?
    Hi there I think there are some that some people took and I'll post them if I can get a hold of them. Yeah it was a great night and the people were happy and had quite a fair few compliments so overall happy with my first gig and looking forward to my next one

This is the only picture I have managed to get hold of so far................

Name:  FB_IMG_1469472723770.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  34.0 KB

That actually looks like a very decent setup that you could use almost anywhere.....well done! (It's certainly a lot better than I took out to my first gig back 4 years ago).

So....when's the next booking? Have you got the bug to carry on and get bigger and better?

So were the 'maybe not enough' Yamaha 15"s up to the job then?

That's a very neat setup, well done

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    So were the 'maybe not enough' Yamaha 15"s up to the job then?
    I did mention on post 49 they would probably blow the building down.

Having played there last year

Anyone heard anything on Wolverhampton Radio about this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine View Post
    That actually looks like a very decent setup that you could use almost anywhere.....well done! (It's certainly a lot better than I took out to my first gig back 4 years ago).

So....when's the next booking? Have you got the bug to carry on and get bigger and better?
    Thanks!

My next booking is in September however that is without any advertising and is from word of mouth. I have yet to sort out any Social Media/Web stuff yet to try and get anymore bookings as I'm extremely busy due to having a Choir to record next week so I'm preparing for that. However I'm going to try and get some business cards done this week to hand out at the centre where I'm recording to start, but yeah I definitely have the bug and thoroughly enjoyed the night and want to do another as quick as possible!