Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DJ WITH I PAD

I use an iPad for all my gigs because it is more portable and quicker to power up than my MacBook. I've got a 128gb IPad Air 2 and it has plenty of storage space for the 10,000 or so songs I'm most likely to need.

I use a Reloop Beatpad as my main controller and have just bought a Reloop Mixtour to replace an MC6000Mk2 as my back-up controller. The app to use is DJay Pro which I consider to be every bit as good as Serato, Traktor and Virtual DJ (all of which I own). Without getting into the legal ramifications of using it, the integrated Spotify functionality can be a godsend for obscure song requests. Oh, and it only costs about £10 for the app so is a considerably cheaper option than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker Promotions View Post
    I had both DJAY and Traktor on my iPad. I took off Traktor as I preferred DJAY.
    I use Amazon MP3 for my music downloads and they get added to iTunes automatically and that's where DJAY finds them although it is annoying when I click on a tune and it somehow isn't available or some other error message pops up.

Never used it in a proper gig situation but have used it for playing a few tunes to some friends with my wireless portable speaker (Gear4 Street Party 3).

You can also download VDJ and use the iPad as a remote but I haven't done it (not yet anyway).

I actually like the Amazon MP3 app which lets me create playlists and it fades them etc. It doesn't provide you with decks but it's good enough for background music etc.
    Well I have made a breakthrough--downloaded DJ player ( APP) after trying a couple of others I could not cope with. Using our older larger I pad.

I must say its amazing--the home screen is very user friendly and there is a search option which on a small sample of tracks seems pretty good--what it will be with a larger number of tracks remains to be seen.

I would use a smaller more modern 128gb I pad.

Rather funny, because although the word FREE appears on the advert every minute or two the sound is muffled and disappears while a big yellow flashing sign says UPGRADE NOW!!!

OK I got the message guys you want paying--no problem.

No free rides for 100 quid SID setting up!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has some fairly interesting options but all I want is a crossfader and track loader--thats what it provides

What is great is its all self contained on the screen so sync my itunes collection from my PC to the I pod, plug in the headphone socket to your amp/ mixer and off we go.

Certainly have to do some serious lengthy backtesting for reliability but on the face of it looks very interesting for my particular needs, although for more serious work including mainstream disco work will probably continue with the ever reliable Cortex for the moment.

My research included Traktor which got an absolute slating--including feedback from one guy who said--my traktor disco playout keeps cutting out and im getting booed at functions---can you help ??????????

LMAO
    Last edited by CRAZY K; 17-07-2016 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K View Post
    My research included Traktor which got an absolute slating--including feedback from one guy who said--my traktor disco playout keeps cutting out and im getting booed at functions---can you help ??????????

LMAO
    I've had issues with traktor, I've also heard of problems with serato and vdj though so I take some of the comments with a pinch of salt.

I'm glad you've found something, isnt searching for tracks quite clunky without a keyboard?

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Quote Originally Posted by ukpartydj View Post
    I've had issues with traktor, I've also heard of problems with serato and vdj though so I take some of the comments with a pinch of salt.

I'm glad you've found something, isnt searching for tracks quite clunky without a keyboard?
    Nope with touch screen total doddle.

Touch the music sign, hit the magnifying glass ---which means search--up comes a search panel---tap in from the i pad keyboard
    AGADOO --takes you to the entry-- tap on it and add to player A OR B, if you try to add to a player thats playing you get a warning.

Simple solution for a simple person with simple needs--ME.

It seems to have a shedload of extras I wont need, but because its apparently so easy to use its ideal.

Bedroom DJs will feel empowered with this

i guess having a system that can hack into Spotify and the like is useful for tracks you dont have on the night--then again I dont have a lot of faith in wifi outside my home, prefer to have tracks on my playout hard drive. In this case I pad.

Time will tell how robust and reliable it is, biggest risk probably is the I pad dying on me one night 30 minutes before the end on New Years Eve.
    Last edited by CRAZY K; 18-07-2016 at 08:15 AM.

I use an iPad with a Wego3 controller as a backup device along side my MBP. DJay2 is a great app and spotify integration is awesome for those obscure tracks (although I think there are some licensing issues there - shh!)