Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DJ WITH I PAD

Default DJ WITH I PAD

Is it possible to DJ with an I pad?

I dont mean just playlists.

I mean can you import dj software to allow fading between tracks and also easy track selection.

i dont have need of a huge number of tracks as my work is now restricted to Country and Western Discos and the odd Party /Floorfiller selection plus some specific playlists in advance.

i guess the downside will be having to use i tunes.

I Just wondered as I have seen an I pod Mini with 128gb harddrive for £350.

Any thoughts or experiences welcomed, it would be useful to have a smaller compact playout.

Incidentally I dont have to worry about appearances, my clients are only interested in having a good time--not what kit im using

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K View Post

I dont mean just playlists.

I mean can you import dj software to allow fading between tracks and also easy track selection.

i dont have need of a huge number of tracks as my work is now restricted to Country and Western Discos and the odd Party /Floorfiller selection plus some specific playlists in advance.

i guess the downside will be having to use i tunes.

I Just wondered as I have seen an I pod Mini with 128gb harddrive for £350.

Any thoughts or experiences welcomed, it would be useful to have a smaller compact playout.

Incidentally I dont have to worry about appearances, my clients are only interested in having a good time--not what kit im using
    There's more than one app I think, but a few people seem to use DJay for iPad. Oh, and I see Traktor have an iPad version available too now. THIS might be of some help Allan.

Quote Originally Posted by juski View Post
    There's more than one app I think, but a few people seem to use DJay for iPad. Oh, and I see Traktor have an iPad version available too now. THIS might be of some help Allan.
    Thanks Justin, will have a good look at this.

ALAN
    CRAZY K

Virtual DJ is available to those of us with an aversion to fruit based systems. I haven't used it in anger yet, but will keep you posted as to its performance.
    Excalibur. Older than the average DJ.

www.excaliburmobiledisco.co.uk

Yes, although I prefer MacBook/controllers.

This you can DJ on the iPad reasonably easily (you need a splitter cable): https://www.algoriddim.com/djay-ipad
    I use it all the time but have not done a set on it and mixed, although its possible. Fading - NO PROBLEMS.

Plenty of controllers that you can DJ using an iPad. Pioneer Weego is regarded as the best.
    I am currently trying to work out how to use this with the iPad for ultra portability. http://www.numark.com/product/mixtrack-edge

Are the minidisks assigned to the bin now then?
    Last edited by yourdj; 14-07-2016 at 10:35 PM.
    Your DJ - Mobile DJ The New Forest, Southampton & Hampshire. Toby
    https://yourdj.co.uk/

Not that I've ever tried it but traktor does seem to market integration with Apple a lot. I know the s5 works with it and pretty sure s2/s4 do also. I've definitely seen a review on Youtube which shows them working together... Think it's the s4 if you want to search for it.

Might want a keyboard though? And then you might as well buy a laptop if you ask me each to their own though... Not a fan of tablets or Apple so maybe don't listen to my opinions.

Dorset DJ - Dorset based DJ service
    11:11 EVENTS LTD - 11:11 EVENTS LTD

Before I bought a controller I tried using a tablet for half a gig once - just for control mind not playout itself. While it was responsive I really missed the tactile feel of buttons & faders. It'd be amazing for doing non-booth based DJing though

I had both DJAY and Traktor on my iPad. I took off Traktor as I preferred DJAY.
    I use Amazon MP3 for my music downloads and they get added to iTunes automatically and that's where DJAY finds them although it is annoying when I click on a tune and it somehow isn't available or some other error message pops up.

Never used it in a proper gig situation but have used it for playing a few tunes to some friends with my wireless portable speaker (Gear4 Street Party 3).

You can also download VDJ and use the iPad as a remote but I haven't done it (not yet anyway).

I actually like the Amazon MP3 app which lets me create playlists and it fades them etc. It doesn't provide you with decks but it's good enough for background music etc.

If you buy the re loop controller for i pad and use spotify and can get a signal its a cinch.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY K View Post
    Many thanks for all replies im going to possibly buy an app and give it a whirl.

I only want to work on the actual ipad if possible not using add ons, keyboards, spotify or anything else.

A colleague mentioned DJAY but thinks the type face is quite small to read when searching.

They seem to use I tunes and playlists--not sure how that works yet

For Toby--I still always use Mini Disc for my Instructed Dancing--rock solid.

Thanks again,

ALAN
    Last edited by Excalibur; 16-07-2016 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Fixed quote