Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evox 8 or 12

Default Evox 8 or 12

Hi guys,

So I've decided to make a change to my rig. For the last few years I've been carrying RCF Hd1s2 and a 905 bin to gigs. Have a second bin but rarely use it and a pair of RCF 712 for backup, never needed really. My idea is to sell the HD12 (adequate offer received today) and a bin and get a set of Evox. I was initially thinking the 12 but the look and portability of the 8 is swaying me towards them, most of my gigs would be in smaller bespoke venues with intimate numbers less than 100 and I would still have an adequate setup of 712s and 905 for the odd bigger gig. How does this logic sound? thanks

If you do small gigs have a look at the Nexo id system this is the best small system you can buy and they do it in white,there is a link on this site under audio reviews.

I'll post something relevant then...

I use the 8 and find it more than adequate for up to 150, dance floor size dependant of course. You don't get the same depth as you would with the 905s, bit I really do love the sound the Evox produces.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire Events Ltd View Post
    I'll post something relevant then...

I use the 8 and find it more than adequate for up to 150, dance floor size dependant of course. You don't get the same depth as you would with the 905s, bit I really do love the sound the Evox produces.
    If you think my post is not relevant i give up remember you and a lot of other people had never heard of RCF until i enlighten you many years ago.

As you have a setup for bigger gigs, I'd go with the Evox 8.

I have the Evox 8 and they've been perfect. All my gigs are weddings/events where the music is to be focused on the dancefloor, and they've always been adequate. And they are so easy to transport. I can't remember the last time I hit the limit light.

I would like a bigger system for bigger gigs - but probably wouldn't buy the 12 for that - I'd likely go for the full subs and tops setup.

Also worth considering the FBT Vertus, if only because you can get it in white, which seems to be popular with brides.

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    If you think my post is not relevant i give up remember you and a lot of other people had never heard of RCF until i enlighten you many years ago.
    I was using RCF way before I had the pleasure of meeting you Tony.

The OP asked about Evox 8 or 12, not about something completely different with a much bigger price tag.

I disagree check back on old posts,and if i recall i delivered to your place many moons a go and you showed me round no RCF as for the op post he has continued on from his original post so i was just adding my thoughts to it.

Resident Antagonist Benny Smyth's Avatar

Who honestly cares who came across RCF first? It doesn't matter, nor is it relevant to this thread.

I would say go with the Evox 8. To be honest, I am always tempted to buy a pair for myself but I feel that I have been 'spoiled' by my 905/712 combo. Evox 8 will do the job comfortably, but the 905/712 combo will always sound better and obviously have a lot more oomph (one of them technical phrases, that!).

If I wasn't such a stubborn git, I'd buy the Evox 8 in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie View Post
    Hi guys,

So I've decided to make a change to my rig. For the last few years I've been carrying RCF Hd1s2 and a 905 bin to gigs. Have a second bin but rarely use it and a pair of RCF 712 for backup, never needed really. My idea is to sell the HD12 (adequate offer received today) and a bin and get a set of Evox. I was initially thinking the 12 but the look and portability of the 8 is swaying me towards them, most of my gigs would be in smaller bespoke venues with intimate numbers less than 100 and I would still have an adequate setup of 712s and 905 for the odd bigger gig. How does this logic sound? thanks
    I have the Evox 8’s and play to very similar size crowds as you.

It’s true that better sounding systems are available for less money but for sheer convenience they’re ideal, no one is going to complain about their sound quality or levels at small or medium sized venues.

For smaller events (up to 50- 60 in small venues - or venues with sensitive sound limiters) I’ll use my Maui 5’s - really worth checking those out if weight and convenience are a priority to you, they actually get used more than my Evox’s.

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTIGER View Post
    If you do small gigs have a look at the Nexo id system this is the best small system you can buy and they do it in white,there is a link on this site under audio reviews.
    More expensive, needs amps and controller, heavier, doesn’t pack away as neatly - really not seeing the advantages apart from the sound quality, which to be honest would be lost on the audience. (as in the Evox 8 won’t have them running from the room covering their ears).