Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Thread: DMX master 11

Default DMX master 11

hello

i have recently bought a lighting system which i have installed in a large room. i have installed a total of 8 led cans and these have been wired to the dmx master 2 controller. when i switch on i can turn the lights red. green and blue from the first 3 sliders. however i havnt a clue where to start and thats why im here. i am looking at controlling the lights separate and to have them flash etc. i dont know how to begin. so far i can only move the 3 sliders up to bring them on. can someoneplease help me to programme these

Question

Did you get any luck with this??

If you want the lights to be individually controllable you need to use DMX addressing.

Out of the box all lights default to address 001 hence why faders 1-3 control all of them at the same time.

What addresses you set subsequent lights on the dmx chain depends on how many channels they have.

Example: an rgb par can might have only 3 channels. The first can be set to address 1 meaning that channels 1 thru 3 control it. If you then add another identical fixture but want to control it separetely it should be set to dmx address 001+3 in other words address 004. The next would be set to 007 & so on.

I gave a presentation about dmx to my local dj group revently & will be doing it again in january at the local NADJ meeting. I'll try to remember to dig a pdf of it out & link to it here.

Note that it doesn't cover the nitty gritty of actually programming a show it's just the basics.

ok
    http://www.sublevel.lv/rent/manuals/...__SubLevel.pdf

Looking at this I would say you could assign your cans to the scanners buttons.
    Then assign each can 16 channels apart ( you can program it to 8 channels)
    so first can 001 second 017, 3 - 33 etc
    Hope this helps - DMX is a strange thing.