So...twelve months on!

I went through a period of not using the camera at gigs, but found myself itching to do it again. In July, I bought myself a full frame camera in the form of a Canon 6D MKII, and the SigmaArt 85mm 1.4 (which is a very sexy lens). That lens, coupled with the Tamron 24-70mm 2.8 has done me well at gigs recently (although I am seriously eyeing up the Tamron 70-200 2.8 G2). Even Mrs. B and the nephew has grabbed the camera to take some snaps! I have to sort the settings out for them but once that's done, they go out and take some shots and have managed to get some pretty decent ones, in my opinion.

I've also started sending the photos to the clients as a bit of a hidden bonus for them (as in, they are unaware of it until I drop them an email a couple of days later). Each time they have been well received, but I always throw in the caveat that I'm not a pro photographers just to ensure that their expectations aren't sky high, but I like to think that it would keep them going until their photographer has sorted out the proper pictures for them.

So that's where I am. Below is a selection of some of the snaps I've taken, and I think that I've come a long way in the last 12 months.